Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Coaching with Dr. Jennifer Leigh

On 15/02/2024 at 20:57, [[A...] said:

OIC and I agree. She is extremely intelligent. For those who can afford and want the live one on one help, yes, by all means, do it. I have probably watched all of her youTube videos. I am happy she has recovered and is doing well now. I think she got well and then had a little bit of a setback for a while there.

When was her setback?  I think she has been fully healed for years.  Her first 18-20 months were pretty horrific.  For a while she had to use a cane and walker to get around.  Saw a lot of healing in Year 3 and I believe she was around 90% healed by the end of it and started living pretty fully again, but had some lingering, yet manageable symptoms that disappeared over the next couple years. 

I do not recall when exactly the setback was but I recall her talking about it in one of her videos. She blamed it on stress and not taking enough time-out for herself for self-care.

Shes a big pusher of been vegan. Lol

I could not survive been vegan at all.

Strictly meat helps me ALOT.

But she insists this is highly damaging. Just like a person is full carnivore diet (jordan peterson)  has drammtically improved his life.

Thats all she will do. Tell you to go vegan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

Shes a big pusher of been vegan. Lol

I could not survive been vegan at all.

Strictly meat helps me ALOT.

But she insists this is highly damaging. Just like a person is full carnivore diet (jordan peterson)  has drammtically improved his life.

Thats all she will do. Tell you to go vegan.

I read in another post here that she does not push you. If you tell her you’re not interested in veganism she will drop it. 

I cannot imagine her taking a stance of “my way or the highway “.

Did you actually even have a session with her?

She’s an intelligent individual, she seems to be compassionate.

Edited by [Kr...]

She eats like Dr. Caldwell Esselstyln recommends how ppl with severe heart disease eat. Dr. Esselstyln's diet is the best diet a heart disease patient can eat but unless you are deathly ill with heart disease, very few people will be able to adhere to the diet IMO. Basically, you can eat no animals or animal products, no refined processed carbs, no sugar, no oil, very little salt, no nuts. You might now ask yourself what is there left to eat? How do you eat enough whole plant foods to get enough calories in.

You can eat all the whole plant foods and veggies you want. For example, a large plate of beans and whole-grain brown rice is fine. You can eat all the Quaker old-fashioned oatmeal you want but you can not put any sugar, syrup, milk, or nuts in your oatmeal. You can use fruit to sweeten it but you must limit the amount of fruit you eat to 3 servings per day. He would like you to eat greens 6-8 times per day like spinach, collards, turnip, mustard, bok choy, kale, swiss chard, etc. Basically, you steam it in water, add some balsamic vinegar to add flavor and make it palatable, and eat it. This still is not very tasty I might add bc I have tried it.

You can eat any of the whole grains and as much as you want. Many of Esselstyln's patients were dying of heart disease. Basically, their treating cardiologists told these sick ppl there was nothing else that could be done and sent these ppl home to die. By adhering to Esselstyln's diet, these ppl were able to halt disease progression and actually able to get varying degrees of disease reversal and were alive 20 years later after being given a death sentence, so the results of eating like this for heart disease patients is w/o a doubt impressive.

Eating like this is also effective as a coronary heart disease prophylaxis if you are healthy, don't have heart disease, perhaps have a family history of heart disease, and you want to avoid getting sick from the disease at some point in the future.

I think this is why Jennifer Lee decided to adopt the diet. Most ppl who die in America will die because of heart disease. It is the biggest killer of both men and women in this country. I eat maybe 90% like this but I am not able to adhere 100%. I eat meat (not a lot tho) and I also eat nuts. I eat veggie salads but I have to add a little bit of ranch dressing for taste, something Esselstyln forbids. Many of these ppl eat their veggie salads dry. Ugh, altho probably healthy.

I do not think eating like this is going to help your benzo w/d issues. It will make you super healthy in other ways, however, while you struggle to detox and recover from benzo w/d.

Edited by [An...]
delete duplicate paragraphs

1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

I read in another post here that she does not push you. If you tell her you’re not interested in veganism she will drop it. 

I cannot imagine her taking a stance of “my way or the highway “.

Did you actually even have a session with her?

She’s an intelligent individual, she seems to be compassionate.

I Sure did have a session. Not for me.

I dont do well with veganism.

5 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

I Sure did have a session. Not for me.

I dont do well with veganism.

How long was the session?

How much did she charge you?

Does she make the claim that a whole food plant-based diet can aid in benzo detox and recovery? If she is making that claim, I personally think that is a false claim IMO.

Cant remember the cost. It was for half an hour.

Yes she makes the claim that been vegan will aid in curing you.

imho your better off with baylissa.

Or sending Dr Mark Horrowitz an email and book an appointment with him. He was definatley my favourite.

Edited by [bw...]

2 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

Yes she makes the claim that been vegan will aid in curing you.

Wow, I did not know she was doing this. 

We should all strive to eat as healthy as we can but to say this will aid you in benzo recovery is quite a stretch IMO. 

Thanks---

• 4 weeks later...
[ap...]
On 14/02/2024 at 09:01, [[A...] said:

I think her website is terrific. I read it every so often.

I have watched a lot of her youTube videos and enjoyed them.

The coaching....hmmmmm....maybe, the live interaction can help and motivate some ppl but there is really nothing that she can say to you that can make getting off benzos any easier than what you will find here at benzobuddies for free. If money is no object to you, I say go for it but if you are struggling financially, I personally would not pay for the personal coaching.

I wouldn't bother with all this coaching going on. Quite honestly it comes down to time and our own cns. As Baylissa says, everybody heals in time, simple as tgat

[ap...]
On 21/02/2024 at 13:51, [[A...] said:

How long was the session?

How much did she charge you?

Does she make the claim that a whole food plant-based diet can aid in benzo detox and recovery? If she is making that claim, I personally think that is a false claim IMO.

Baylissa said they don't even know if food plays a role at all. I tried it all and made absolutely no difference. You will heal regardless and all this carry on to find some miracle cure is not necessary. You only have to look atcsuccess stories, they are all different, ages, time, dose, etc. They healed in their own time. Even those who thought they never would, did.

[ma...]
On 15/02/2024 at 00:43, [[C...] said:

That's so disappointing!  Thanks for your response.

Try Baylissa Fredericks . She is so good !!!

• Like 1

[Nu...]
8 hours ago, [[a...] said:

Baylissa said they don't even know if food plays a role at all. I tried it all and made absolutely no difference. You will heal regardless and all this carry on to find some miracle cure is not necessary. You only have to look atcsuccess stories, they are all different, ages, time, dose, etc. They healed in their own time. Even those who thought they never would, did.

I believe a part of it has to do with education, learning how to cope, communication and education of family, learning how to minimize symptoms, etc. I don't see coaching as all bad.

Don't I wish that I had someone to talk through this during my years of difficulty...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[An...]
10 hours ago, [[a...] said:

True, I don't think food plays a role either in making benzo w/d any easier. Sugar and alcohol seem to rev some ppl up and are probably best avoided during w/d.

• Like 1

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[N...] said:

I believe a part of it has to do with education, learning how to cope, communication and education of family, learning how to minimize symptoms, etc. I don't see coaching as all bad.

Don't I wish that I had someone to talk through this during my years of difficulty...

True Nursing Buddy..... that is why I continue to see a PhD psychologist for talk therapy.

[ap...]
42 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

True, I don't think food plays a role either in making benzo w/d any easier. Sugar and alcohol seem to rev some ppl up and are probably best avoided during w/d.

Agree. I don't drink anyway.

[Ga...]

As relates to Dr. Jenn:  I have watched many of her YouTube videos and have always come away feeling very positive about my recovery and a full healing.  I have spoken with her via phone several times mainly as regards female issues.  These calls were extremely reassuring as she and I have shared many of the same symptoms and she gave me some good old fashion advice.

Edited by [Ga...]
Added words

[Ha...]

I haven't personally worked with her, but her YouTube videos have helped me tremendously.

[Bl...]

Baylissa Frederick also does this sort of thing. She went through Benzo Withdrawal, had an awful time and wrote a book about it called Recovery and Renewal. She has a website Baylissa.Com. She is a wonderful person. A lifesaver for me.

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[H...] said:

I haven't personally worked with her, but her YouTube videos have helped me tremendously.

Her YouTube videos are really good. I have watched a lot of them.

• Like 1