Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

MSG Reaction

So after a few meals that seem loaded with MSG I have had a symptom flare up. I ate those meals on Friday (Asian takeout) and Sunday, but didn’t really put it all together until after the Sunday night meal. I felt bad Saturday, better Sunday (before the next meal) and then bad again on Monday. Today I feel better than Monday. If anyone has experienced this, how long does the reaction tend to last?

I also made a cut yesterday and am wondering if I should have held instead. I felt good in the morning before my dose so I cut. I was considering updosing today for a few days but felt good in the morning again, and so so this afternoon. My main symptom is trouble swallowing. It showed up briefly during the first reaction on Saturday. Yesterday was the first time I noticed it effect my eating. Should I consider an updose?

Edited by [Wa...]

@[Wa...] Interesting you have this issue. I have been consuming soy sauce recently. Also, I have been experiencing a clear flare up in symptoms.

I am not exactly sure about the connection, either, but I will cut soy sauce completely. 

People have indeed been reporting varying reactions to MSG. It is a thing...

My opinion is, I would definitely not modify the dose now, would wait a few MSG free days. 

Yeah @[Re...] I searched and it seems like quite a few people have had a tough time with it. Most of my symptoms have calmed except for the trouble swallowing. Tomorrow will be day 3 so hopefully things will calm down