Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

back from hospital

so i decieded to go to the er because for the past week my heart was not beating right.  i thought id go get a ekg and be sent home.  what happened was as soon as they did my ekg, they pushed a wheelchair under my ass and brought me straight to the heart unit,  they said the ekg looked like a blockage.  so  im now freaking out.  they admited me and gave me  another ekg that was the same..   then later did another ekg that was noemal after giving me atavan to calm me.  they had me take all kinds of heart tests,  all coming back looking alright.  im home now and waiting for the results of the heart sonogram.   when i explained that i recently got down to the last mg of klonopin taper, thet said anxiety wouldnt cause the ekg to look like a blockage.  i tried to explain all the constricting of musles that benzo withdrawl does and maybe that could resemble a blockage.   they werent really on board at all with that.  i have updoses considerably and at the moment still just trying to get myself and my heart to stay alright for now.  this went from the best ive felt in years to a complete nightmare.  i just wanted to check in as i havent responded the last few days~~~jill

• Like 2

As your ekg went to normal after a ativan dose it sounds like it was the wd you going through. Yeah I know how that feels being pushed down on a wheelchair after a ekg, i had a infection on the heart as a teenager. 

• Like 1

Hi jill

I have no knowledge, experience, advice. But know we are all thinking about you. Do what you have to do to get yourself stable and please feel better soon!

• Like 2

@[ne...]   yes,, made sense to me to , but im no doctor. and i dont think a shot of atavan would have taken away a blockage and mage the ekg nomal.  its like even considering the facts thst include the klonopin are something medical doctors arent even open to

• Like 2

Hi Jill

Just come across your post and I'm having the same issues as you regarding chest and heart. It's extremely frightening. I've had scans, ecgs, blood tests and all fine. What sort of symptoms you having? 

• Like 1

ive always have gotton really speedy heart and palps when my cuts were catching up.   but this just felt different . there was so much more pounding and no rythm to my hearbeat.  i know from experience that they usually just sent me home and say to go back on the meds, but i really felt something very different in my heart this time. i was literally just trying to get air in my lungs all week

• Like 1

@[ji...] it’s good you are home & the test outcome will hopefully put your mind at rest. Sometimes it’s good to rule things out to be sure. Take care 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

ive always have gotton really speedy heart and palps when my cuts were catching up.   but this just felt different . there was so much more pounding and no rythm to my hearbeat.  i know from experience that they usually just sent me home and say to go back on the meds, but i really felt something very different in my heart this time. i was literally just trying to get air in my lungs all week

My bp is really high without medicine because of a tumour in the small glans wich produce stress hormones. For a year or so when it was really bad, 260/142 is my all time record lol, i had to take a medicine for get my heart to beat on time also. It was really all over the place so i know its scary. But it's nothing to worry about it'snot dangerous. My bp is almost normal now because of crazy amounts of bp medicine. I will remove the tumour asap. 

• Like 1

@[Ka...]  yes,  normally the er is of no use with me with this.   but i did need to know that the tests came back normal after the problem .  so im starting to settle down a bit now.   i dont advise going to the hosptital during this.  but we all know our bodies and something was jusr completely different that before.  im not worring about the fact i had to go up on the klonopin.  i just want to feek ok again

• Like 1

In my experience I've found that certain foods trigger me massively. Especially my chest. 

If I stick to bland foods I'm normally ok. But if end up eating biscuits and processed foods, it triggers me big time, especially overnight and when I wake up I'm petrified. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

so i decieded to go to the er because for the past week my heart was not beating right.  i thought id go get a ekg and be sent home.  what happened was as soon as they did my ekg, they pushed a wheelchair under my ass and brought me straight to the heart unit,  they said the ekg looked like a blockage.  so  im now freaking out.  they admited me and gave me  another ekg that was the same..   then later did another ekg that was noemal after giving me atavan to calm me.  they had me take all kinds of heart tests,  all coming back looking alright.  im home now and waiting for the results of the heart sonogram.   when i explained that i recently got down to the last mg of klonopin taper, thet said anxiety wouldnt cause the ekg to look like a blockage.  i tried to explain all the constricting of musles that benzo withdrawl does and maybe that could resemble a blockage.   they werent really on board at all with that.  i have updoses considerably and at the moment still just trying to get myself and my heart to stay alright for now.  this went from the best ive felt in years to a complete nightmare.  i just wanted to check in as i havent responded the last few days~~~jill

I think you were smart in being checked out at ER. If nothing else, it can eliminate things, and alleviate worry as well, which causes me to have anxiety worrying about how weird I might feel ;)

I have a pacemaker, since '97 so I do pay attention to how my heart is acting.  I did have palpitations for a time, but let those go, and they stopped so I do attribute those to non-serious lets say, possibly wd sxs.

IMO not everything is wd sxs, and at my age, and things I had before I was on a benzo, this seems to make a lot of sense for me.  What sort of blockage did they see is what I would be curious about.  My "blockage" is electrical, not vascular ( I think that's the right word).  My arteries are clear in other words.  So might be interesting to find out what "sort of blockage" if it comes up again.

So it sounds you are on a dosage of benzo now, and I would try and be as slow and steady if that is where you're at right now Jill ;)  My palpitations, which may be different than your are having, leveled out back to normal and I stay on a steady dry taper, and did go down to just a 1% taper last time, doing very well, in 6 days now.  If I stay as stable as I am, I will taper another 1% in my dosage "weight".  This is from 1mg I'm tapering of TEVA Clonazepam, oregonlady, :hug:

PS Only you know your own body, doctors try but sometimes fall short on knowledge, especially with benzos, imo ;)

• Like 2

I have cardiomyopathy that has persisted for over a decade or so.  That means that the left ventricle of my heart is enlarged and my ejection fraction is compromised.  (that's the force in which blood is propelled out into the aorta and on to the rest of the body.) I've had endless tests before and during BZ tapering ever began.  WD has not really effected my situation much.  Test results, even with the palpitations and other symptoms you expressed fluctuate.  My BP Rx was recently up'd a bit, but my cardiologist thought that it could be due to my age and the stress that has accompanied my taper.  I've had an angiogram and everything was normal-no blockages.  My oxygen meter shows a normal reading, even though, as most of us I do, have breathing problems.  Mine (breathing problems) started at the time my taper began.  My most recent exam was at the end of Jan.  Everything was fine, but it's still great to know that.  I doubt if there's much wrong with you.  Palpitations continue to happen to me, mainly when I lay down to rest or sleep. But it's always good to get this stuff checked out.  It takes a lot of guts to enter the hospital through the A &E.  I admire your courage.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[ji...] I am not sure if this helps you, but my Dad has intermittent left bundle branch block (LBBB). He went through very thorough testing. He is ok, his cardiologist says everything is fine. He has this for years.

This is a possible condition, both intermittent right and left bundle branch blocks,but it is rare. It may be also a coincidence if this is your diagnosis, or connected to heart rate, etc. 

You did very well to go to get checked out!

Edit: There is a lot of emphasis on the condition being intermittent. 

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[66...]

I’m so sorry you’ve been through the wringer lately @[ji...]

I can’t help but think back to the various ages of your tablets and their potential connection to this… 

Is there any way you can use the hospital visit and subsequent admittance to your advantage in explaining the problematic issue with continuing your taper with such extremely out of date tablets. You really do need to trust your tablet potency. 🫂