Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Xanax ER

On 13/02/2024 at 16:24, [[A...] said:

How often were you taking the Ativan and how much? Regular Ativan has a longer half-life than regular xanax.

I was taking 1mg to 1.5mg a day of Ativan for the first few weeks, then we switched to Xanax XR .5mg. And I usually get to about 36 hours for a couple of days and then feel awful then go back to every 24 hours. So when I asked her today, she said we’d switch to something smaller and wean that way. 

I'm encouraged your doctor is switching you to regular tablets and is talking about a slow taper, I hope her idea of slow is the same as ours. 

First, please don't start your taper from the new .25 mg tablets for a few days until you see how they will affect you, any changes we make affect us so give your body time to get used to the new form of Xanax.  

Depending on how quickly you want to taper, you could cut one of your .25 mg tablets into quarters and discard one quarter and take the other 3 quarters for one dose and take the full .5 mg tablet in another, this would be a 12.5% reduction.  Since you haven't been on the medication for very long, you may want to do a more rapid taper by cutting the pill in half instead of quarters but you'll have to see how your body responds.

Its a given your anxiety will increase as you taper but the medication may actually be causing it to be worse now, this is what it does when our body become dependent.

Lets keep talking, its important you feel confident in your taper plan. 

On 13/02/2024 at 20:14, [[P...] said:

Are you considering going back to Ativan?

I know everyone’s busy but I could really use some help guys. 😕

I think I just pushed myself too long in between doses and need to regulate possibly. This is hard, guys. I’ve just been so debilitated with anxiety since January that I don’t know what to do about my anxiety after the fact that I’m done with these. 

• 2 weeks later...
[Na...]

II decided just to stop. I am doing okay. The Xanax made my anxiety worse. That wasn’t fun at all. I wanted to thank you all for your help. Seriously. You all have been so kind and informative. I appreciate you all. It’s been since the 23rd. Just grateful I didn’t continue further. With Gods grace, I was able to do it. I’m still having some anxiety but I am learning to deal with it. I have to. But I really give this to God because I left it in His hands. I am praying for you all dealing with this. I’m still dealing with anxiety and sadness and I really am praying for better days. 

[Pa...]

Oh my gosh, you're benzo free, way to go, we have to do what we feel is right and you did, I hope you continue to do well!

I'm happy you came back to let us know because people just disappear and we never know what happened to them, so thank you.  I hope you'll pop back in to let us know how you're doing.  There may be some hiccups, sometimes we think we've made it past it and a symptom will pop up but then it will go away, this is just the nature of the process.  I didn't want you to think there is something wrong if this happens to you.

• 2 weeks later...
[Na...]

Thank you, Pam! I appreciate your knowledge with all of this. I know you help so many people here. You really are inspirational! Thank you again for everything. I plan on staying on here to try and help other folks, too. 

[ns...]
On 04/03/2024 at 18:29, [[N...] said:

II decided just to stop. I am doing okay. The Xanax made my anxiety worse. That wasn’t fun at all. I wanted to thank you all for your help. Seriously. You all have been so kind and informative. I appreciate you all. It’s been since the 23rd. Just grateful I didn’t continue further. With Gods grace, I was able to do it. I’m still having some anxiety but I am learning to deal with it. I have to. But I really give this to God because I left it in His hands. I am praying for you all dealing with this. I’m still dealing with anxiety and sadness and I really am praying for better days. 

Natalie Ev, hi.

I've been reading this thread. You have anxiety. I wanted to add a little tip for u ok.

I watch trey Jones anxiety on YouTube. He is a great help with anxiety, panic attacks and so much more. 

I hope you'll give him a look and hope this gives u some relief!

Blessings 

Ns

[Na...]

Thank you, Nsindy! I will definitely check that out! I appreciate you sharing that with me. :)