Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Please react

Hey guys

I don't post here often because I think it's a shame.

I have harmful overstimulation in some form.

Hypertonic muscles in my neck, it feels like steel.

In my carpet and left leg.

Also I have weakness, it also doesn't feel any muscles in my body.

I'm 27 months out and no heating. I'm having the last of this mentally too.

I cannot sit upright, on the couch or table. Must lie down 24/7, bend over. Can barely look at my phone.

I was damaged when I was 24, now I'm 28

It is mainly due to the rapid reduction of Klonopin (and 1 slow reduction but already had damage)

Can I get better?

Edited by [St...]

Hello @[St...] -  Benzo withdrawal brings up all kinds of feelings including shame that we need support, or that we're in this situation.  But it can really help to get support from others who really understand what you're going through.  I hope you'll keep reaching out for support.  Please be sure to read Success Stories too.

There are so many negative messages our healing brains send out, telling us things like we're not worthy, we'll never heal,or we'll never feel good again.  Here's a thread another member posted a while ago:

Healing from benzos can take a longer time for some of us than others.  I know how hard it can be to feel positive but please don't give up hope. 

10 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hallo@[St...] - Het terugtrekken van benzo's brengt allerlei gevoelens met zich mee, waaronder schaamte dat we steun nodig hebben, of dat we ons in deze situatie bevinden. Maar het kan echt helpen om steun te krijgen van anderen die echt begrijpen wat je doormaakt. Ik hoop dat je steun blijft vragen. Lees ook zeker de Succesverhalen .

Er zijn zoveel negatieve boodschappen die onze genezende hersenen uitzenden, die ons dingen vertellen zoals dat we het niet waard zijn, dat we nooit zullen genezen, of dat we ons nooit meer goed zullen voelen. Hier is een draad die een ander lid een tijdje geleden heeft gepost:

Genezing van benzos kan voor sommigen van ons langer duren dan voor anderen. Ik weet hoe moeilijk het kan zijn om positief te zijn, maar geef de hoop alsjeblieft niet op. 

Its because lots of people here svere cases arent healed 8+ years off......

7 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Its because lots of people here svere cases arent healed 8+ years off......

I understand - one of the things I had to do when I was in the thick of withdrawal was to avoid reading content here on BB that triggered my anxiety and worry that I'd never heal.  So as soon as I sensed a post wasn't going to be encouraging I simply stopped reading it.  

Knowing how sensitized our central nervous system is during withdrawal it can help to develop ways to protect ourselves.  Although I understand there are some things on this site that are hard to read about but there's also so much good support and so many encouraging posts.  We each have to find what works best for us to protect ourselves.