Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fear of becoming protracted!

I honestly have a really bad nagging fear of becoming protracted. I didn’t do anything right. I was on a high potency drug like K, I did a dangerously fast taper, and I got put on stupid antidepressant while going through withdrawal. When I look at the success stories I don’t see anybody that took K 3x a day like I did. 

I took 0.5mg in morning 0.5mg in evening and 1mg sometimes even 2mg at night. 

So that’s what? 2mg / 3mg a day for 6 to 8 months. 

33 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I honestly have a really bad nagging fear of becoming protracted. I didn’t do anything right. I was on a high potency drug like K, I did a dangerously fast taper, and I got put on stupid antidepressant while going through withdrawal. When I look at the success stories I don’t see anybody that took K 3x a day like I did. 

I took 0.5mg in morning 0.5mg in evening and 1mg sometimes even 2mg at night. 

So that’s what? 2mg / 3mg a day for 6 to 8 months. 

What's up, friend Joshua, I guess you need help to feel a little better.

I was taking Clonazepam for 13 years and at the end I took 6 mg once in the morning. I stopped taking them suddenly and I've been without anything for almost 11 months.

What do you think about it?

@[Ye...],

Wait, I’m sorry, are you saying that you recovered from 13 years of k or are saying that you are currently recovering from k and you are 11 months out?

Edited by [Jo...]

6to8 months..., good thing you are looking to get off of this stuff so soon. They ruined people's lives that were clouded in the brain and didn't realize they were ruining there lives for years.

@[Jo...] I would assume there are multiple factors here that are advantageous for you. You are very young! Moreover, you really did not use for a long time. 6-8 months may be  longer than the drug should be used, but many who recovered used it for long long years.

I know it is scary @[Jo...], what heals us is time. It is not something we are not (!)used to, but need to learn along the way :) And you are mastering it already! :)  

Edited by [Re...]
added "not", sry
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

@[am...],

Espera, lo siento, ¿estás diciendo que te recuperaste de 13 años de k o estás diciendo que actualmente te estás recuperando de k y estás 11 meses fuera?

Sorry Josué, it's the translator who is a bit stupid...

I'm still fighting yes, I guess I've killed someone in another life or something because if not I don't understand it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi @[...]and @[Re...] it was more like year and half from what I can tell from photo album when things started to go wrong.

Right now, I’m dealing with severe dystonia like symptoms. Just a couple weeks ago I was at friends house and I felt better then I ever have going through all this.

There was situation at my house where I had to intervene. I didn’t get physical are anything. I don’t remember my hart racing when that happened. Also almost lost two of my cousins within the past couple of days. One them tried to commit suicide in our basement and one them had appendix burst out of nowhere in had to be rushed to the hospital.

Maybe this why my symptoms increased in intensity. I don’t think I was even anxious when this all happened I just remember feeling bad for the two of them.

Edited by [Jo...]
  • Sad 1

That's not bad either.

We don't know your personal story and hope things are going well. I'm anti benzo for myself and the thousands it poisoned.

So my hope is you are able to discontinue without much issues.

Set your goals. Keep a positive attitude. Be kind to yourself , it may take longer than expected. Hopefully not.

Good luck.

Edited by [...]

@[Jo...] I think you see the reason for your recent flare up very realistically. Stress or events cause a flare up for me, too. 

I think you are doing a wonderful job with socializing, taking part in life. As for your symptoms: any person would be shocked after going through what you have been recently. Your nervous system is a bit more fragile, still.

There is just stress we just can't avoid. Do your best to participate in life, but avoid the stressors you can. I believe, hopefully that will be the case for me too, that our bodies will learn to cope with a wider spectrum of stressors. 

Until then, we just have to take care of ourselves a bit more.   

• Like 1