Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering off klonopin

27 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I'm wondering if you shouldn't updose by another 0.125mg? How do you feel about that? One of your doses will then be 0.375 and the other 0.25

I don't know what to think after having a decent Monday night Tuesday day,thought i was getting better from updose and then that happened earlier this morning ,I was having problems similar before updose but not that bad.I just got a text from my doctor that she changed my prescription to .5 cl split. 25 twice a day and I think I might be confusing her.I have a appointment with her on the 21st ,thinking about waiting till the and see how I am ,I hope I last ,this is so scary and crazy, can't believe this is happening. Again thanks so much jelly baby!! So confusing!!

46 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

I don't know what to think after having a decent Monday night Tuesday day,thought i was getting better from updose and then that happened earlier this morning ,I was having problems similar before updose but not that bad.I just got a text from my doctor that she changed my prescription to .5 cl split. 25 twice a day and I think I might be confusing her.I have a appointment with her on the 21st ,thinking about waiting till the and see how I am ,I hope I last ,this is so scary and crazy, can't believe this is happening. Again thanks so much jelly baby!! So confusing!!

You mean she didn't prescribe the ODT's?

About updosing, if you're not sure, lets see how it goes tomorrow. I have been a bit sceptical since the beginning that 0.125mg will be enough. It is really a tiny dose. 

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

You mean she didn't prescribe the ODT's?

About updosing, if you're not sure, lets see how it goes tomorrow. I have been a bit sceptical since the beginning that 0.125mg will be enough. It is really a tiny dose. 

Yah she didn't prescribed the ODT ,I had her prescribed me the .5 regular to split, and in case I decide to dry cut I'll use this prescription. If you have time I could probably use that 30 day compound solution to show the pharmacist and see if they can make it instead of the 14 day one . Thanks!!

On 12/02/2024 at 12:37, [[M...] said:

I was like you and went incredibly fast when I began tapering.  I went from 1.0 mg quickly (couple months) down to 0.5 and then the wheels fell off when I got down to 0.4.  I updosed back to 0.5 and held for almost 2 months and feel so much better now, but it took a few weeks to stabilize.  I started cutting again a couple weeks ago and am just doing 5% every 10-14 days now and seeing how it goes. So far so good - on my first 2 cuts I’m back down to .45.  I’m definitely not in a rush after what happened to me last fall.  I’ll get off this med eventually but I want to remain as functional as possible.  

Hi Mattwahoo, wanted to thank you for your input, much appreciated, I updosed to 0.5 in 2 doses at 0.25 .I'm going to hold it like you did before I start tapering again. When I start tapering I would like to do it just like you at 5% since our story is so similar. I've never used a scale, was wondering what scale you use? I need to learn the math how to cut 5% and if 2 doses matter ,I've been reading but am pretty confused on this ! Could really use your help in figuring this out before I start .Thank-you so much !!

I am dry cutting my pills for now so I cut based on the weight of the pill using a jewelers scale.  You can buy one on Amazon for about 20-30 dollars.  So basically when I was on .5 mg and the pill weight was .172 grams , I was taking .086g once at night.  I’ve now cut twice, once to .475 and then to .45, so I’m cutting the pill to .078 on the jewelers scale.  Hope this makes sense:

Dose:                  Pill cut needed:

.5 mg                                 .086g

.475 mg                             .082g

.45  mg                              .078g

Edited by [Ma...]
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I am dry cutting my pills for now so I cut based on the weight of the pill using a jewelers scale.  You can buy one on Amazon for about 20-30 dollars.  So basically when I was on .5 mg and the pill weight was .172 grams , I was taking .086g once at night.  I’ve now cut twice, once to .475 and then to .45, so I’m cutting the pill to .078 on the jewelers scale.  Hope this makes sense:

Dose:                  Pill cut needed:

.5 mg                                 .086g

.475 mg                             .082g

.45  mg                              .078g

Thank-you very much  Mattwahoo !!

And here is how I explained some of the math on another post:

On 15/02/2024 at 10:49, [[j...] said:

You calculate a 5% cut of the pill weight not the active ingredient weight. Active ingredient is how much K is contained in the pill. For example a 0.5mg K contains 0.5mg K. But the pill itself does not weigh 0.5mg. Generally 0.5mg Klonopin pills weigh around 0.170g because it contains fillers as well. So if you want to cut 5% off your pill you will calculate 

0.170 x 0.95 =0.162

That means you shave 0.008 grams off your pill. It will be the same as if you have cut 5% off the active ingredient.

Usually people take turns to cut between their doses. They'll cut from one dose the first cut and then from the next dose the next cut and keep rotating. 

Remember when you calculate the cut it has to be of the combined dose and it has to be of each new dose not your original starting dose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

And here is how I explained some of the math on another post:

Usually people take turns to cut between their doses. They'll cut from one dose the first cut and then from the next dose the next cut and keep rotating. 

Remember when you calculate the cut it has to be of the combined dose and it has to be of each new dose not your original starting dose 

Hi jelly baby, thanks for the info! Got a question, since I went up from .125 3 times a day to .25 twice a day on Monday symptoms go back and forth,first day got better towards the evening, slept pretty good for first time in a while, woke up feeling pretty good for a change, Tuesday was pretty good got better towards evening, wensday early morning is when I woke up with the worst symptoms,head and body vibrating, skin burning, nausea, day was so so ,got better towards the evening, slept a little better, didn't wake up like the night before. Thursday day felt so so especially when im  trying to read or concentrate it seams to bring on that vibration and blurriness ,last night early this morning woke up few times feeling feeling like crap,not as bad as wensday. Today's been so so but as I write this that vibration and ear noise gets worse, seams like when im trying to concentrate, remember and read . Do you think this is my body trying to stabilize? This is just the craziest thing and I'm really trying to handle this ! I just want to get this out of my system! Thank-you so much for everything you've done for me !! Really hope I'm not confusing you because I'm really confused!

I think every day in withdrawal our bodies are fighting to get back to normal. The normal before it had been altered by these pills. Even though I'm off my body is still trying to get back to normal. Sometimes I think of it like it's over compensating then another day under compensating and that's how I'm trying to make sense of the wacky symptoms. Not a single person here has the exact same withdrawal journey. We're all unique. Sure there are some commonalities and things we see we can generalise, but how people react still remains unique. So it's completely understandable that it's very confusing. It might be that you need to updose a bit more as the 0.125 might not have been enough to counter the full effects of the cuts you've made. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I think every day in withdrawal our bodies are fighting to get back to normal. The normal before it had been altered by these pills. Even though I'm off my body is still trying to get back to normal. Sometimes I think of it like it's over compensating then another day under compensating and that's how I'm trying to make sense of the wacky symptoms. Not a single person here has the exact same withdrawal journey. We're all unique. Sure there are some commonalities and things we see we can generalise, but how people react still remains unique. So it's completely understandable that it's very confusing. It might be that you need to updose a bit more as the 0.125 might not have been enough to counter the full effects of the cuts you've made. 

I see my doctor wensday, maybe I'll updose, Thanks jelly baby!!

• Like 1