Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wave at 10 months out after X-rays and Chiropractic, trying to find out if there's a relation?

I haven't been great since fall ended, but I was *manageable* until I went to the chiropractor for the first time in over a year last week. My shoulder was really messed up from repetitive motions I do in my work from home job, and I thought it would help, and the Dr. wanted me to come back 2 times with a few days to stay on top of the new adjustments, and I can say I've probably never gone that frequently since probably a decade ago, before the benzos. I hadn't had xrays in years and my neck was shooting pains into my chest so we really needed to do that, and I had 7 total xrays of my whole spine and neck area. ( I am wondering if the affront from radiation could also have caused some of this? is it excitatory to the system?). 

I know some won't agree with chiropractic and that's totally fine too, honestly I was just trying to do anything that might could have helped me, you know how desperate we get for relief. 

I've read a couple theories that toxins get released like they would in a massage during an adjustment, too, and that if your cervical spine is popped and moved, it could trigger the vagus nerve and trigger fight/ flight cycle?

I am now 3 days out from the last adjustment and I have been very close to going to the hospital or just doing something unhinged or bad, the suffering is LIT UP like it hasn't been since I jumped probably. I just can't believe this. 

If anyone has any anecdotal advice/ theories, I would so much appreciate the encouragement that this has passed for you. 

It's so hard to know why we even go through this? Like, all of this suffering, re-initiated by this treatment, it feels like that's a lot to go through for only the purpose of maybe being able to warn someone else against it later. The whole process of doing something basic that sets us into week and month long waves just seems so nonsensical... 

Did the doctor show you the issue on the xray? And the target goal of the adjustments.

When you get to that point, you should expect improvement.

I had to stop doing chiro adjustments because of the severe reaction I’d have every time I got adjusted. Really revved up my whole system, even at 2.5 years out. (Now at over 3 years out). I’ve had many X-rays since my taper and never reacted to any of them.