Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone had problems with Nsaids?

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had problems with non steroidal anti inflamatories after withdrawing. I'm having allergic reactions and possibly neurological symptoms. Never had this reactions before. Eyes swelling, skin rashes and spots, itching, and muscular pain. Also head throbbing. I had a wisdom tooth removed yesterday and now I'm coping without medication.

Yes, I had a very similar reaction to Advil. Have you tried Tylenol or aspirin? I became extremely sensitive to those, also. Now, I sprinkle a few shakes of organic tumeric into decaf green tea, and I get relief. But some are even sensitive to those things. I hope that you find something to help you very soon.

Eileen

@[le...]Yes, Advil, Tylenol, antihistamines and most supplements. It wasn’t always the case, but is now. 

I get neurological symptoms. So bizarre!

Edited by [wi...]

It happened with Ibuprofen and naproxen, which are from the same family of NSAIDs. I have too much swelling now, So I'm taking Tylenol. It doesn't feel entirely right, but seems to be less damaging for me. I forgot to mention I had problems with steroids also after tapering and withdrawal, so I told the dentist and we avoided a betamethasone injection after the surgery.

This is all very concerning, since I guess I will need antiinflammatories again at some point in my life. Also I read there's problems with antibiotics too, so I better not get an infection.

I was thinking of getting eye surgery since I have very bad eyesight, but I guess that's out the window now.