Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Updosing doesn't help me...anyone else??

So I'm about 6-7 months into a taper from 2 mg Klonopin. Using the Ashton method, I probably went a little fast because I didn't switch to diazepam until three months ago. I switched from 1 mg klonopin straight to 10 mg diazepam. I'm now on the 4mg mark of my taper, however I got myself down to around 2 mg and even one day last saturday I took only 1 mg. Now for the last 3-4 days I am in such a mental fog borderline hallucinating, borderline psychosis it feels. It's all mental not physical at all, its all between my eyes. I tried to updose just a little bit today because I can't stand it anymore to 4 mg and it did nothing whatsoever, potentiall has made me feel worse it's hard to tell.  Has anyone else had something like this happen? 

It can lasts two to three weeks before you can say if updosing is working.

I got a picture of that but can't send it Here. I will PN you

It took me a month to stabilize after I updosed.  But it was worth it in my case.  Going from 2 mg of Clonazepam down to one mg of Valium in 6 months is extremely fast.  Don’t be afraid to hold for a while.  

• Like 1

Go back to the dose you were at before all the fluctuating, and then JUST HOLD...you will stabilize. Be patient. All the up and down dosing puts A LOT of strain on your brain. Give your brain some tender loving care, and HOLD. You will be glad you did. And your 🧠 will love you for it!

• Like 2

Thank y'all very much. I think that's what I'm going to have to do as I have no choice but to carry on with life work kids wife etc. I cannot be completely debilitated even though it oftentimes seems like I'm walking a fine line. 

I have become familiar with the term kindling by reading so much. Would y'all consider kindling even playing with a couple milligrams of Valium up and down say between 3-5mg. I know that may be a hard question to answer as everybody's neuro receptors and pathways are different? 

@[...] thank you for your response I went to read that article but I think it's in Dutch or German or something is there an English version? 

14 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

@[...]Vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort. Ich habe diesen Artikel gelesen, aber ich glaube, er ist auf Niederländisch oder Deutsch oder so. Gibt es eine englische Version? 

Its only about the picture where you can See how long Diazepam takes to work. It says two weeks for a good plasma level

Up and down can cause kindling. 

Get to your stable level and taper slower.

You don't want to play around with this stuff.

• Like 1

You need to also consider the percentages when you get this low. 3 to 2 is 33 percent. A Big cut.

Also when I jumped, after 4 weeks I got real sick. The lower dose when jumping the better. Get very stable before the jump off.

Take it easy.

16 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Go back to the dose you were at before all the fluctuating, and then JUST HOLD...you will stabilize. Be patient. All the up and down dosing puts A LOT of strain on your brain. Give your brain some tender loving care, and HOLD. You will be glad you did. And your 🧠 will love you for it!

Not certain to stabilize when tapering, i didn’t for a year. Started to get better after I CT 4 months ago. It's really weird this as it's not the same for everyone. 

• Like 1

No, better, and no. Always getting better.

I never found, and my opinion is, there is no med or supplement that helps. I tried "all" the supplements years past.Wasted 100s. When I tapered and jumped I didn't want the variables. 

Eat well rounded and rest. 

But,... my BP runs higher than most and I got blood pressure spikes about a year off.  bp meds seem to make  "panic"  attacks a little more tolerable. But that could also be just the healing as I am 16 months off. Yah just don't ever know.

Edited by [...]
Grammer
  • Like 1

I pulled a stunt with my diazepam taper that I've regretted every day in the last two weeks.  I was hanging at 2mg for the last 5 months and unable to stabilize.  Convinced that I needed to updose,  I did.  I went to 4mg and then had a change of heart when I waited three days and nothing happened.  Deciding that if I was going to suffer, I might as well go back to 2 rather than have to start down again at 4.  Following this?  It gets worse.  Taking 2 for 5 days practically killed me.  I finally decided to update and wait it out.  It's been about six days now at 4mg and I'm finally starting to feel better.  Stay where you are for a while and see what happens.  Yo-yoing up and down is dangerous and extremely painful.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, [[k...] said:

I pulled a stunt with my diazepam taper that I've regretted every day in the last two weeks.  I was hanging at 2mg for the last 5 months and unable to stabilize.  Convinced that I needed to updose,  I did.  I went to 4mg and then had a change of heart when I waited three days and nothing happened.  Deciding that if I was going to suffer, I might as well go back to 2 rather than have to start down again at 4.  Following this?  It gets worse.  Taking 2 for 5 days practically killed me.  I finally decided to update and wait it out.  It's been about six days now at 4mg and I'm finally starting to feel better.  Stay where you are for a while and see what happens.  Yo-yoing up and down is dangerous and extremely painful.

Im so glad your feeling better!!! Thanks for that! My gosh this stuff is just God awful. It's unbelievable truly! Thankfully I seemed to somewhat feel a little better after I ended up taking 7 mg yesterday, I know I haven't taken that much in well over a month 😞 ( I felt defeated and discouraged) I had some 5mg tablets left from last month, I had too, I literally just couldnt bear it anymore. I know I potentially could have screwed myself up but I don't see how it could get much worse then how I felt taking 2mg all last week. The thoughts were unlike anything I've ever thought in my life, literally the idea of not living anymore, torture sun up to sun down ( I know you can relate). I have to work im  the sole supporter of my family with a little one on the way in three months!  Oh it's just awful!!!  When I took the 5mg on top of the 2mg it made me feel a better it just took a minute 2-3 hours to feel better. Today back down to 4 and today seemed to be a bettrr day as well still FAR front normal ( I don't even think I know what stable means anymore). Honestly I think I went down to 2mg way too fast. 2.5 months ago I was on 10mg and literally a month before that 1mg Klonopin for months. This whole thing is a nightmare!  

How long have you been tapering by the way? 

Before this tapering nightmare started, I was taking both Klonopin and Ativan for about 30 years.  I started tapering 2.5 years ago with a crossover to 60 mgs of diazepam.  The reason for the crossover is that diazepam has a longer half life, and larger pills are easier to dry taper.  I made great strides until I got into the teen mgs .  Much like you I continued to surge on, eager and obsessed with getting off this stuff.  I've described the rest, but suffice it to say that from 10 on down, I found that chopping up pills and waffling back and forth on the dosages is just asking for trouble.