Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Functional medicine

I have suffered with IBS since my early 20's. Got into running in my late 30's which solved the problem for a while (gotta love those brain endorphins). Running had to stop as I became older. Maybe the IBS was the root of all my issues from the beginning. I believe a lot of the IBS is all the fake genetically altered "food". Was put on Xanax for sleep. Now in Benzo withdrawal IBS is off the charts along with Benzo Belly. Plus the constant muscle pain from withdrawal makes it hard to exercise which is making things worse. Like I said good for cash flow not so good for us.

No. Still looking for one someone I know is happy with. Right now just riding it out as best I can. Walk every day which helps.

You’re all older and can exercise? I’m barely 30 and can’t do much compared to you guys. I cannot do yoga, or walk every day.

Exhausted just doing little things like daily hygiene, dishes, even getting dressed is exhausting.

Instead of being inspired, I just feel worse knowing people whom are struggling can do these things. I hate it being so different for everyone. 
Plus I feel like you all make sense all the time. I feel stupid and alone.

Maybe my psychiatrist isn’t wrong. She says she’s the one who has a medical education and is convinced I’m a severely depressed person. I only keep seeing her because it is a requirement for my disability. Idk, she recommends Prozac, guamfacine and mirtazepine.

I showed her the Ashton manual where it talks about mental and mood symptoms appearing from brain being impaired and she said that is not possible at this intensity. 
Anything over 30 days of symptoms she said were either an underlying mental illness. I’m sure she has diagnosed me with lots of conditions over the past few months.  I don’t even want to know.

Afraid I’m going to start believing her in my weakened state and follow her drug plan.

I feel like I’m in an old movie where they are trying to make me feel more crazy on purpose. 
if my psychiatrist and therapist would just stop opposing me for 5 minutes I think I would feel some relief.

She also says natural remedies work most effectively on relatively stable people. Not mentally unstable people.

I’m so lost. So scared of everything.

😢😢😢

24 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

You’re all older and can exercise? I’m barely 30 and can’t do much compared to you guys. I cannot do yoga, or walk every day.

Exhausted just doing little things like daily hygiene, dishes, even getting dressed is exhausting.

Instead of being inspired, I just feel worse knowing people whom are struggling can do these things. I hate it being so different for everyone. 
Plus I feel like you all make sense all the time. I feel stupid and alone.

Maybe my psychiatrist isn’t wrong. She says she’s the one who has a medical education and is convinced I’m a severely depressed person. I only keep seeing her because it is a requirement for my disability. Idk, she recommends Prozac, guamfacine and mirtazepine.

I showed her the Ashton manual where it talks about mental and mood symptoms appearing from brain being impaired and she said that is not possible at this intensity. 
Anything over 30 days of symptoms she said were either an underlying mental illness. I’m sure she has diagnosed me with lots of conditions over the past few months.  I don’t even want to know.

Afraid I’m going to start believing her in my weakened state and follow her drug plan.

I feel like I’m in an old movie where they are trying to make me feel more crazy on purpose. 
if my psychiatrist and therapist would just stop opposing me for 5 minutes I think I would feel some relief.

She also says natural remedies work most effectively on relatively stable people. Not mentally unstable people.

I’m so lost. So scared of everything.

😢😢😢

I don’t know you or your history with benzos, and I’m not a doctor, but I can assure you anything over 30 days does not mean it’s underlying mental illness.  

There are plenty of depressed hypochondriacs out there.  But, it’s not some giant coincidence that there have been tens of thousands of members on this site who all of a sudden had mysterious stuff happening after quitting or trying to quit benzos.  

Try finding a new doctor @[Kr...] who is willing to learn and understand what you’re going through. You have to do the work and be your own advocate.

15 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Try finding a new doctor @[Kr...] who is willing to learn and understand what you’re going through. You have to do the work and be your own advocate.

Seriously.  That’s medical malpractice and can lead to some really bad decisions, both by your doctor and you. 

@[Ma...]  it’s complicated, but I agree. It’s even hard to brush my teeth, so finding another doctor is so physically and mentally demanding .

I do not have help from anyone. Please do not think I’m being lazy. Sometimes through texts my mind tells me people are mad at me. I’m just very paranoid and sensitive. 😢

@[Kr...] Nobody is mad and we do understand. I hope you can find someone new who can actually help and support you.

At best, all of this is difficult, for everyone.

Krissirk888: I don't know you're history. What I do know is what these doctors are taught and believe me it's 90% nonsense about these drugs like the drug is out of your body in 30 days etc. That may or may not be true but what they don't understand or want to understand is the damage left behind by these evil meds. The meds are their tools and you are threatening their business telling them the drugs are the problem. Anything that alters your thinking is addictive at some level period and will produce withdrawals. Called common sense. I've known many people that have major addictions to coffee. And as far as that medical education goes it doesn't mean it's the truth. Remember there is big money and business here also with all prescriptions. And these are the people "educating" your doctor. When i first Cold Turkeyed I couldn't even walk around the block my legs just shook and I looked like a drunk! Interesting thing is I could peddle a bike. Maybe try a stationary bike if your are having balance issues. I didn't get to where I am overnight and I'm still not 100%. You are younger so it may happen faster. Everyone's different. Please keep fighting no matter how difficult. I'll be 69 in March and I do have days when I see some light at the end of the tunnel. I always felt the person (doctor) who got me into this is not the one to ask advice on the path out.