Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

After the flu, multiple odd events.

If this isn't the right spot to post please remove.

I was very sick with the flu for 3 weeks, didn't test pos for c anyways, think it was the flu. I started to return to doing a weak workout where I also consumed some caffeine, not too smart, I am 2 plus years off a ct from lexapro and ativan. So, during this episode, i was laying on my stomach, I turned my head backwards then forwards and tried to get up but couldn't, my arms were almost paralyzed, it felt almost like I couldn't feel my heart beating so I checked it and it was very fast. I crawled to thdoor and then somehow I stood up, but the tachycardia lasted for probably 2 hours before it went down. I then had it come back later in the night with shakey legs.  Since I couldn't really calm down I ended up going to the er the next day. Only thing they said was trop was Normal and pot was 3.4, 2 pts low. Later that Night after being home, I went to get up and when my neck came off the pillow. I was severely dizzy with blurred vision. This lasted about 20 minutes.  Since that I haven't had reocurring of those things but all new stuff, I started having weird thinking,  the racing morning thoughts and heavy arms and legs, palps and even stomach issues. I have kept this off balance vertigo thing, it's been about 2 months since the episode where I was working out. My stomach bothers me all the time now, it feels like acute but I'm only posting to ask if anyone else has had any of this, I didn't have any headache or neck pain during all of this stuff. Recently though I have had some neck pain after trying to resume working out and it just isn't working. I've seen neuro and cardiology,  and my primary. Even had an echo and etc. Just asking if anyone else has had weird sh like this. 

Hi @[Fo...]

Yes, I am in the middle of a setback after 3 years off. I had COVID almost 3 months ago and all of my sensitivities have returned that were previously resolved. Tachycardia was so bad two nights ago after taking some primrose oil, which I had successfully used for over 6 months prior to getting sick.

I’m freaked out, but trying to remind myself that viral inflammation is real and as with our recovery from Benzos, it will take time to return to baseline. 

I see you’re 2 years out… there’s something cruel about the healing journey being set back. Sorry you’re going through it, but know you’ll find your baseline again. I will hope for the both of us

Edited by [Ma...]