Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

34months [BROMAZEPAM/CLONAZEPAM/ALPRAZOLAM]

In 5 days I start month 34 without benzodiazepines and I wanted to give a little update.

I feel good, I'm not 100% recovered but I'm close to 50-60%.

I continue with my normal life, I am 23 years old and I am a university law student.
I'm a little depressed about the situation in my country (Argentina) but overall I'm fine.
This will be a very difficult year in my country but we have to continue, I am lucky to come from a family that is financially well off and to continue studying and not work, I also do not have children (I say this because it is really difficult to live with abstinence and have economic difficulties, family problems, work problems, etc.).

I still have insomnia even though I no longer give it much importance. I sleep between 3-4 hours straight almost every day, I think that's my baseline.

Today I had diarrhea after so much, I don't know if it was due to withdrawal or because I ate something, although at the beginning of my withdrawal diarrhea was a symptom almost every day.

I don't take medications, just a week of amoxicillin to cure my otitis (I'm already cured of this).
My skin is almost the same but inside I know everything is fine.
I drink my two cups of tea a day and have a totally normal diet.
My last time I smoked and drank was at a New Year's party (vodka with energizer and about 12 cigarettes).

Life goes on, soon I will be 3 years without benzodiazepines, that is really crazy.

GP23

Agentina

• Like 2

Hey @[...],

Congratulations on being off benzos for 3 years!!!  That's a great accomplishment.  I'm happy to hear that things are generally going well and are on an upward trend. :clap: