Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Negative thoughts at night?

I am prone to recall negative memories at night. Is this common? It is worse this happens before sleeping, which causes me uncontrollable agitation, and frequently wrenches my steep time. I am exhausted with this pattern. Always the more I try to get relaxed, the more agitation I feel. Sometimes it is helpful to write down my thoughts on papers but it wasn’t enough last night, which deprived me of much energy. Next morning my sister told me I should not think about my future too much for now, and this soothed me, but what is the pattern the thing emerges at night. It occupies my brain, and I end up crying out so hard. 
I would be grateful if someone could relate to me. 

Edited by [Ka...]

I relate. You described it perfectly. It's like If I could go to sleep before I got tired it wouldn't happen. I use journaling too. Games on phone,tv,and lay down and try to force sleep.

Although more rare, the other one I get is sudden altered thinking/panic at anytime. I think somehow comes from the bowels. Like the stool gets to a certain point and sometimes triggers.

• Like 1

Thank you for relating to me, Evn. I try thinking in a way that "Thinking too much now will not solve anything, so just ignore it for now", but this rather makes the thing worse. My mind races more. I wish I can control this. but your relating to me soothes me so much.

I also have days that I feel symptoms before/after bowel movements. Mine is physical but I thought this was only me before reading your reply, so thank you.  

I get them too. I bought Bose headphones and now listen to audiobooks upon going to bed. Just having a voice telling a story soothe me. I just fall asleep while listening every night.

• Love 1

Thank you RichGB, yes I have it,too, it works when the thing is not that intense maybe i should use it more frequently. Thanks for reminding me of it. My troubles always come from my family that do not understand my situation, and can’t stop dwelling on it.  This is another side effects of the evil pills. Sorry for this gory tweet.  

36 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Thank you RichGB, yes I have it,too, it works when the thing is not that intense maybe i should use it more frequently. Thanks for reminding me of it. My troubles always come from my family that do not understand my situation, and can’t stop dwelling on it.  This is another side effects of the evil pills. Sorry for this gory tweet.  

It’s all good! I go from one scary though to the next when anxiety is high from the withdrawal..It will eventually pass for the both of us 👍

Edited by [Ri...]
  • Love 1

I can relate to both of the withdrawal symptoms you have discussed. I am still tapering. Down to .1923 mg of Xanax daily and the withdrawal symptoms wax and wane.  Been on Xanax over 30 year and tapering the last 2. Happy to hear it’s just not me. For years I have thought I was losing my mind and was afraid to discuss because I never wanted anyone to know just how crazy my thoughts were.  My biggest fear is losing my mind and no longer being myself!

I can relate to you,too, Lifecanbebetter, I've limited contacts with my close friends as I could react to words like I do to my family, so now what comforts me is to have simple conversation with my neighbours, and my friend is my atelier, but I take it as a necessary process for my rehabilitation, believing the opportune time is coming someday to be able to contact them...and the day should come to you,too.

You are almost there! Good luck on your taper. Thank you for the reply.