Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering and discontinuation

Hi @[to...],

I'm not sure anyone has ever compiled any data on this.  As much of the medical community seems to be uneducated about even the need for tapering or that withdrawal even exists, I doubt there have been any studies done.  

I'm just curious why you're asking.  How are you doing?   Are you having some specific issues that we could offer some support for?  Please let us know if/how we can help.

@[to...],

Hi buddy, I appreciate your question. Although, I believe you’re looking at it in a light that isn’t correct (saying this in the most polite way possible). After being on this journey for about a year now, I have come to the conclusion that each individual is different. That’s what makes this process so hard. Therefore, I believe that if you’re completely dedicated, find the correct help, find the correct taper method for yourself/potentially a longer acting benzo, things will almost certainly improve over time. Just my two cents.

Move forward, thrive, conquer and get to the other side. I whole heartedly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of doing so.

• Like 1