Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I have a question about water tapering?

I am going to start my taper tonight.  I will fill up a jar with 300 ml.  I will put my .75 mg of Ativan in it and let it dissolve for 15 minutes and shake it up for a few minutes. 

By the end of 30 days I would have pulled 30 ml, how does this equate to mg?    

.075mg

If you are going to water taper the whole way off,you don't need to confuse yourself with mg. 

Just control the taper from the 300ml starting point. Make the 300ml from the .75mg from here to the jump. And keep reducing your ml intake.

But when you get to 200ml intake you could switch to .5mg pills to eliminate the pill cutting.

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

@[Di...] If you disperse 0.75mg of Ativan tablets in 300mL of water, each milliliter of the resulting mixture will contain somewhere in the range of 0.0025mg of Ativan.  Here’s the math:

0.75mg / 300mL = 0.0025mg/mL

If you remove 30mL of the mixture, you will have removed about 0.075mg of Ativan. Here’s the math:

0.0025mg/mL X 30mL = 0.075mg

Note: Ativan/lorazepam is insoluble in water.  This means that the lorazepam in tablets does not dissolve when mixed with water.  Instead the lorazepam disperses when water is added.  

This is why it’s important to (1) shake the tablet/water mixture well before using it, (2) measure the reduction amount as quickly as possible before the dispersed lorazepam settles out of suspension, and (3) rinse the dose container well with water (at least once but twice would be better) then drink the rinse water to make sure any remaining lorazepam residue is removed from the sides of the container and ingested.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you both so much. I did not see your posts.  Very helpful.  Yes I shake the jar for two minutes and quickly take the amount I need out of jar.  

1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

Vielen Dank euch beiden. Ich habe deine Beiträge nicht gesehen. Sehr hilfreich. Ja, ich schüttle das Glas zwei Minuten lang und nehme schnell die benötigte Menge aus dem Glas.  

How is your water taper going?

Today is day 8.  I will pull 8 ml tonight.  I am on a strict diet.  I eat mostly protein foods with a tiny bit of low oxalate vegetables.  I drink water only.  I take many vitamins and minerals.  I was having pains in my legs but now with eating foods that do not create inflammation, no leg pains.  Last night I had heart palpitations and I drank lots of water and they went away.  Thank you for asking.  

• Like 1

hi @[Di...]I so believe in the anti-inflammatory foods that are helping me through just 1 year of tapering (come next month) so far!  I'm so happy to see someone using this, and thumbs up on the protein, I eat mostly protein myself.  I had the heart palpitations for a few months but they are gone now.

My daily migraine pain has been gone as well, my tinnitus is better.  I could use maybe a bit more water, so am shooting for more than 32 oz a day that I've been drinking ;) oregonlady :hug: