Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I decided to start my taper now.

I have stabilized for two weeks, and it is time for me to start cutting.  I will do the water cut.  If I have any symptoms I will stop for a few days. 

Once I get to .5 mg Ativan I will go on Diazepam.  And when I get to 1/4 mg I will go on a compound.  

I wish I never touched this drug.  I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I will prevail.  

You will prevail. Better days are ahead.

Do remember -- stopping for a few days may or may not be enough. Some take a few weeks/months to stabilize. Let your symptoms and how functional you are be your guide.

Keep that positive mentality. You will get over this!

• Love 1

Thank you both. I did the water taper twice and I did not sleep well.  I decided to cut quarter of a mg with razor blade and I am having positive results.  I slept 7 hours last night and this is a huge success.  My Doctor is working with me.  I am on no timeline.  I just razor cut a tad bit.  I figure at this rate within a month I will be down to 1/2 mg of Ativan.  I will take it slow and steady.  When I am down to 1/4 mg, I will go to liquid diazepam.  I will work with the compound pharmacist and my Doctor.  It will be a slow and easy taper.  I know I will experience when I am off of this drug but within a year I hope to regain my sleep.  It will be worth it to me.   

@[Di...],

I am so glad you have a doctor who is listening to you and working with you.  Their support will be invaluable.  It will definitely be worth it to be off.  Congrats on the 7 hours of sleep; that's awesome!  Let us know how things progress.