Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

ready to go to the er

i dont know...sometimes when i hear the phrase "they lost their battle with aniety and depression"  i really believe they lost their battle with the meds

hey~~  ive lived in new jersey my whole life and an always thinking about someday moving to a very peaceful place in pa

Heyyyyy, Jersey! I just moved but grew up around Pt. Pleasant, manasquan area. You can’t afford that area now if you’re not $$$ and don’t own your home.

was the best back in the 70s and 80s.

Edited by [wi...]

2 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

woohoo!  jersey strong!   im close to the shore too~ im in bergen county

25 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

@[wi...]  if i could survive my crazy life in the 80s, it makes me feel more confident i could survive this taper..lol

That’s a great point.

31 minutes ago, [[j...] said:
36 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

woohoo!  jersey strong!   im close to the shore too~ im in bergen county

Very posh! 

5 hours ago, [[j...] said:

@[...]   also way to go with being able to work through this.  i had to stop working 4 years ago.  my job wasnt one to brag about but i really did love being a waitress. i worked in one of the busiest diners in new jersey and absolutly loved all my customers.  they really became friends and i miss them dearly

Ugh, jersey diners are the BEST. Would kill for some disco fries and a juicy hamburger.

I noticed a lot of diners have closed or just weren’t that good anymore. My favorites are in the Paramus area
also. White plains ny had some great one to.

homesick.

I'm glad everyone is seeing the reality of the er. Yes I've been to the ER probably upwards of 50 times throughout my life, at least a dozen inpatient psychiatric holds, most of them involuntary. Some of them do to drug addiction, some of them do to suicidal ideation, some of them do to doctors prescribing FDA approved pills that aren't safe.

The hospital's definition of treating you is stabilizing you, as someone said above. This includes blood pressure, heart rate monitoring, blood tests, urine tests, and ruling out heart attacks and strokes mainly. Everything else is considered minor to them, and usually the insurance makes the rules on what gets treated and what doesn't. The insurance company is the one who essentially decides, because they're the one that hold the money.

Once you go through enough in life, you'll realize it's all about money mainly. Yes people have the right to be saved from death at the hospital, but that's about where it ends. Anything else that keeps you comfortable, is up to the money.

They've been using the same medications for decades, same antidepressants, same anti-anxiety meds, same antibiotics, etc. Same x-rays, same MRI machines, same blood tests, etc. If you go there because you're not feeling well because of anxiety or substance withdrawal, they're going to treat you like a drug addict or a crazy person, there's no other option for them. That's the standard protocol, that's what the insurance companies and the medical boards and psychiatric associations created.

And like said above, usually it gets even worse. Sometimes they force you to go to court hearings, they'll take your driver's license, they will label you mentally ill, possibly take your children, make you go to mandatory outpatient treatment, etc. It can get a lot worse, trust me I've been there as well. Sometimes they'll hold you there against your will for 30 days, and force you to take medications that make you feel horrible, whether you like it or not. They'll say more than one doctor recommended it, the court can require it. Yes, the same doctors that required the country to go on lockdown and wear masks, can force you to take a needle in your arm or in your butt as well.

There's no test for what we're going through, therefore they can't treat it. They don't rely much on subjective evidence, they rely on objective vital tests mainly. And as far as the subjective tests they do, like the standard anxiety and depression tests, they usually notate a different number than what you tell them, based on how you look and act. It's a no win situation, there's nothing to gain from the er, that's unless you're actually dying.

I'm about 4 and 1/2 years out now, but if I had to go through the thick of the acute again and more hospitalizations like the beginning, I would probably rather die honestly. Being in the ER during the thick of acute, is worse than death in my opinion.

On the Benzodiazepines Information Coalition, Dr. Christy Huff, a Cardiologist, went thru Benzo w/d and had heart issues and distress.  She was helped by beta blockers. She was also extremely sensitive to EVERYTHING! I know how terrifying it is to try anything new, but I think giving beta blockers a try would be less traumatic than the E.R. experience. They most likely can't help you at the E.R., and they are clueless. Don't put yourself thru that if you can help it, please! I've been there way too many times myself and I won't do it again! Massage usually gives me a little relief. Swimming can sometimes help. If there's anything at all that gives even a little comfort, please try that before going to the hospital. Whatever you decide to do, you are loved and supported here with us. 💕

Eileen

• 2 weeks later...