Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

alcohol

i think i may have a answer to why after feeling so great for the last year i was hit out of nowhere last week.  i know alcohol should be completely avoided during taper.  with that being said, for the past year i have been having a glass of wine in the evening.  do you think its likely the glass of wine was masking small symptoms during the taper and then when i recently got down to .1,  i was hit hard because the symptoms have built up and the glass of wine no longer could mask them?~~~  thanks for any input.  im just trying to make sence of this ~~jill

It sure would help if we had the answers but with no studies we can only use anecdotal experiences to try to make sense of our situation.

I don't know if the wine was masking your symptoms but you drinking alcohol seems like what I was doing with Ambien while recovering from my Klonopin cold turkey.  I stopped improving and started getting worse and didn't attribute it to the Ambien, until I stopped it cold turkey.  Within days I was fully recovered from both cold turkey cessations and I blame Ambien which effects GABA like alcohol.  It was keeping me sick, and I wonder if the wine is doing the same to you.

• Like 1

@[Pa...]  this is really the most insanity i have ever seen,   feel great one day....heart and pulse racing like crazy the next.   it is absolutly exhausting.  i want to be free of this so bad.

I understand, my friend is going through the same thing, he's felt fine for 10 months after recovering from his Ambien usage then he used some cortisone cream on his ankle for 3 days and he's back in hell.  Watching a loved one go through this nightmare is almost as bad as going through it ourselves. 

I hope things settle down for you soon, its so discouraging.