Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Podcast - What your GP doesn’t tell you

There is so much in this informative 1hr episode. Particularly the explanations about low dose. 

• Like 1

@[Ka...]Thank you for this! Very useful!! 😊

Each time I listen to/read information about psychiatric drugs and their (protracted) withdrawal, I go through 2-3 stages of shock :

-" Gosh and others have no idea about this..." 

-" Wait a minute! You are still in this, this is your reality... This is you now" 

- " But what do I do..." 

I just need to remind myself each time that the path is positive and it is an upwards process... It is :thumbsup:

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 3

It is a shame there is no research about why some people recover relatively quickly and others do not.  Somebody somewhere must have correlated this information or noticed something significant in all these years?

• Like 1

@[WU...] This is so complicated... The syndrome we have is mostly not really recognized. Secondly, it would have to be a years long research, costing tremendous amount of money, but, to do that, someone would have to recognize the condition. And, with this, comes all the responsibility of marketing the drug at all. Extreme financial liabilities. (That's the reason I am surprised the patient leaflet mentions Protracted Withdrawal in the US at all...).

So, we have to rely on experienced people / the rare experienced doctors in the field. But mainly peer support, their observations. 

Even with books like the very important one mentioned above, it will take many many years for the medical profession and perspectives to change, recognize there is a problem and do research. And, as the condition is rare, not really enough people, different regulations in countries, who have taken different medications, often poli-drugged, so extremely heterogeneous group... Hard to have a grasp on it, really. 

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 2

Great recommendation; great podcast.  I've taken numerous SSRI's through the years.  Rather than coming off them, I've switched one for another.  My Dr. wanted me to stop Venlafaxine a few years ago.  I was able to carve off 75mg, but it was a killer.  I put a halt to that and said that I would elect to stay on the med at a lower dosage, but WD was not going to happen.  The BZ are a whole different story.  I started out @ 60mg diazepam and after 2.5 years,  I'm  currently @4.  Don't know if or when this is going to end, but at this point, I'm not really in any kind of hurry. 

• Like 1