Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

CTS and rapid taper! Help!

Me again.

My Vertigo is 24/7 for weeks and I can't stand that.

I am holding for weeks now 

yesterday I remembered I CT Zoloft and Chlorprothixen month before.

SO it could be from that of from reducing the Benzo much too fast 

I dont know what to do.

reinstate my Zoloft after 5 month?!

Or updosing the Benzo?

I def can't stand the permanent Vertigo

but could it get better after you damaged your Vestibularsystem ??

I read about people here who had vertigo for years.

Mark Horrowitz answered me.

He knew I can't afford his call so I am really glad. What a man.

He said UPDOSE.

If from 10 mg to 30 mg is not enough I should beg my doctor for more.

• Love 1

@[...] I am happy you got answer from a reliable source you trust. 

Having said that, knowing your smoking heavily from your post yesterday, reducing your daily nicotine consumption would definitely be advantageous (aka maybe reducing (or stopping) smoking).

I am telling you this because I used to smoke a lot and drink a lot of coffee, and it made both my mental and physical state worse. 

You know, just an idea. :mybuddy:

Dr. Horowitz replied to me too, I asked him about his book. Very nice from him that he is taking the time! This community sticks together, that is for certain:thumbsup: Some really nice people here and online overall :) 

Edited by [Re...]
correction
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Yes, maybe I should really try to stop smoking. Just afraid it will be bad for my anxiety.

He is such a great man. He even screenshotted things Out of his book for me to taper Diazepam after I hopefully get stabilized. What doc would do this ? ❤️

@[...] I am speaking from own experience now, it may be difficult for a short time, but in the long run it will be worth it.

What doc would do that? The one who has been through this himself (or very similar, I think he had AD withdrawal) or knows what we've been gong through from their experience/practice. Believe me it changes one's perspective massively. 

• Love 1

I will try to reduce it tomorrow and see how I can handle it. :) smoking really calms me down..

Def! I couldn't thank him more. I mean my doc said too I should updose but he is not Benzo wise so I really needed that.

I hope it will work, not only for short term.

I really want to get off the benzos but what I did was simply a CT while still on 10 mg. No way to taper from that condition.

• Like 1

I want to keep you updated.

Yesterday I went from 10 mg to 30 mg.

My vertigo went from 10/10 to 7/10 😍

My Panic from 8/10 to 4/10

And my Neck and tongue cramps from 6/10 to 3/10

I hope it will stay that way or the Vertigo will get better.

I will keep you updated

• Love 2

Very happy to hear that, @[...]!😊

You should not have gone through this at the first place if people were better informed about this. Glad your prescriber works with you. 

Please do keep us updated. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Ich freue mich sehr, das zu hören,@[...]! 😊

Sie hätten das gar nicht erst durchmachen sollen, wenn die Leute besser darüber informiert wären. Ich freue mich, dass Ihr verschreibender Arzt mit Ihnen zusammenarbeitet. 

Bitte halten Sie uns auf dem Laufenden. 

Yes. I should have informed myself before tapering. I hope it stays that way or will get better.

Better tapering for years than nearly die from the quick taper.

Thank you so much ❤️

• Like 1

Hi Salo,

I have been following your experience and just want to send cheers!!! Dr Horowitz is a such a  remarkable person. I am so happy you could connect with him and you have so much relief.  😅 

• Love 1

So sorry about the vestibular issues.  I have also had this. It affects everything and is so debilitating! I’m hoping since you improved for a bit, this will heal. I’m also super happy your panic is improving! 

• Love 1

IMO, it was caused by the benzodiazepines-and I’m still tapering.  Since doing physical therapy I had very good improvement in spacial processing and integrating visual and auditory feedback. I did daily exercises and weekly sessions for about 6 weeks.  It helped for the worst symptoms and the remainder seem to be improving during the taper.

The therapist I saw specializes in patients with multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's

• Love 1

I only got the Vertigo when I began to taper.

Would it be ok for you to pm me some of your exercices?

Only when you have the time. :)

I wish I could remember them!  My memory is very bad.  I will try to find the association my therapist works with …it is international

• Love 1

This is what was like!! I am much better, and will do more visual and vestibular therapy this Spring

• Love 1

In my case I found vestibular processing problems triggered intense fear. It’s very complex. I’m sorry I posted that picture- it’s actually quite triggering!! I’ll see if I can take it down

• Love 1

https://www.mcn.uni-muenchen.de/affil_research/centers/ifb/index.html    -article from a researcher at this university Dieterich, Mariannea,b,c; Brandt, Thomasa. Central vestibular networking for sensorimotor control, cognition, and emotion. Current Opinion in Neurology 37(1):p 74-82, February 2024. | DOI: 10.1097/WCO.0000000000001233 - free on Creative Commons.  TMI - but maybe Marianne or LMU can direct you to a good physiotherapist 

Edited by [...]
Dizziness research citation
  • Love 1

I am taking my Valium three times a day now. (Two times before)

that will make tapering difficult but I really have to. Every five hours now.

because three hours after my dose I always get more Symptoms.