Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

does black tea effect the same gaba receptors?

Hi guys so i know i asked about caffeine in my previous post but i want to know that does it directly effect the same gaba receptors in the brain as alchohol and benzos ? All i know is that it can lower the seizure threshold and might cause a wave in some people so idk if i should try it now that im still early out of my withdrawal which is 3 months or wait a little longer?  im kind of scared.

@[...]

Just throwing it out there. I’ve been drinking this ginger tea (strictly just ginger in it). It definitely makes me feel better a little. I personally try to avoid anything that touches gaba, other than the benzo I’m tapering while going through this. I personally feel like that will help in the long run.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I've drank both black tea and coffee during my taper.  My choice of the two doesn't seem to be the issue, but rather how much caffeine I consume.  Taking that into consideration, I really can't have more than one cup of coffee and one cup of black tea or things get "weird" during the waking hours:  excitability, heightened anxiety, etc.  I can drink as much decaffeinated  or herbal tea as I want without any ill effects.  The ginger tea thing sounds good. Going to the grocery in a couple of days and think I'll pick some up and give it a try.  By the way,  sugar effects me just as bad as caffeine does.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[...]

Just throwing it out there. I’ve been drinking this ginger tea (strictly just ginger in it). It definitely makes me feel better a little. I personally try to avoid anything that touches gaba, other than the benzo I’m tapering while going through this. I personally feel like that will help in the long run.

Cheers,

Ginger makes me a bit better too.)

• Like 1