Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Benzo

16 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

More confusion here, are you confusing Ativan with Ambien? 

Yeah sometimes i do as they are both z drugs and we don't have those brands in sweden/Europe. 

Zopiclone is ativan i think. The substance I mean

18 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

More confusion here, are you confusing Ativan with Ambien? 

Yeah sometimes i do as they are both z drugs and we don't have those brands in sweden/Europe. 

Zopiclone is ativan i think. The substance I mean. But in this case the OP talks about taking ativan so I wasn't confused about that.

22 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Zopiclone is ativan i think

Zopiclone (z-drug) is not available in the US but a close cousin is called Lunesta, in Canada its Sonata.  Ativan is lorazepam and yes, they did mention Ativan and we're going to blame benzo's for this confusing side trip. ::)   

24 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Zopiclone (z-drug) is not available in the US but a close cousin is called Lunesta, in Canada its Sonata.  

Read recently think via a research paper and surprised zopiclone is not available in US.
In UK, it seems to be used quite a bit for sleep - at 7.5mg & 3.75 mg strength. I was on it for extended lengths of time and just like benzos it is effective for first 2/4 weeks. Thereafter, same issues as with benzos follow addiction, intolerance etc. and often people may take zopiclone, a benzo as well as other medication. 
oh & usually doctors just tell you to stop - zopiclone z drug with no taper! Or take on alternate nights. That lead to mayhem for me. 

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Zopiclone (z-drug) is not available in the US but a close cousin is called Lunesta, in Canada its Sonata.  Ativan is lorazepam and yes, they did mention Ativan and we're going to blame benzo's for this confusing side trip. ::)   

Oh wow. I can't blame you guys zopiclone is nasty drug. But very best sleep aid. Feels like a benzo that gets you reeeally tired.

Thanks for clearing things out @[Pa...]

:balloon: