Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

¿Is this really psychosis? I'm worried to know what it really is.

¿Why is it that when I am doing something at home, like charging my cell phone or typing something on the computer, and I feel that my sister or my mother is walking through the garden of the house to enter, I begin to speed up, my thoughts alter and I stop thinking what am I doing? I guess it's a withdrawal symptom, because it never happened to me before taking benzos and it never happened while taking them. ¿What symptom is it?. Sorry for my English, I am Argentine and I don't know how to speak English, I use the translator.

imagen.png

Edited by [Lo...]

Hello @[Lo...], I have something very similar, it sounds like anticipatory anxiety. Before an event is happening, you have many thoughts and anxiety about it, I even imagine myself failing or getting to embarrass myself. I always think something bad is going to happen. 

The other possibility is that it is coloured with irritability. 

These come to my mind. To this extent I never had anticipatory anxiety, and I never had irritability. These are definitely withdrawal related in my case. 

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1

I don't imagine people around, but sudden instantaneous altered thinking and sudden racing thoughts is common benzos thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

Hola@[Bu...], tengo algo muy parecido, suena a ansiedad anticipatoria. Antes de que suceda un evento, tienes muchos pensamientos y ansiedad al respecto, incluso me imagino fallando o llegando a avergonzarme. Siempre pienso que algo malo va a pasar. 

La otra posibilidad es que esté coloreada por la irritabilidad. 

Estos me vienen a la mente. Hasta este punto, nunca tuve ansiedad anticipatoria y nunca tuve irritabilidad. En mi caso, definitivamente están relacionados con la abstinencia. 

Hello, yes, exactly the same thing happens to me to the point of embarrassment, I think that something bad is going to happen even though I am aware that nothing is going to happen. I want to assume it's extreme anxiety. Everything generates irritability. All of these things didn't happen to me before taking benzos and not even when I took them, it's withdrawal.

image.png

• Like 1