Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

For mods or those with good memories

I’ve been here going on 17 months and quite some time ago (old boards) I read a detailed post about what exactly to tell your doctors.

I now have a new team and would desperately like to find that post.

Can anyone please help me?!

Thanks 🙏 

Thank you Pamster, I hadn’t seen that article.

I’m looking for the 1 that is more ‘scientific’ mentioning what exactly is going on with brain and CNS. Glutamate, cortisol…downregulated GABA etc.

If I remember (heh…) it may have compared benzo injuries to the opioid pandemic…

Oh, opps. I have a PhD Neuropsychologist, PsyD Health Psychologist and Internal Med with 25 years experience. Now looking for a psychiatrist of same caliber. They’re terrific and talk to 1 another but don’t get B.I.N.D. Nor Ashton etc…

My mind and memory are absolutely shot at this point so need a ‘cheat sheet’ shall we say, to explain everything to them in detail. At times I can hardly form sentences when speaking with them.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Was it this post, its not scientific though, its written in layman's terms by a member. 

Or are you thinking it was something from Benzo's in the News? This is new but it would be a great read for your team.

• Like 1

No, but-I forgot about the ‘What’s Going on in your Brain’. 
Very helpful! Thank you 🙏 

Since I am in ‘search mode’, is/was there a support group for anhedonia and not feeling like yourself, losing your ‘self’? Or more specific information about those 2 specific symptoms?

Going into month 17 and still unable to do much of anything at all, I am determined to school my new medical team this time around.

Thank you, thank you so much ☺️!!!

• 4 weeks later...
[Re...]
On 07/02/2024 at 16:49, [[M...] said:

Since I am in ‘search mode’, is/was there a support group for anhedonia and not feeling like yourself, losing your ‘self’? Or more specific information about those 2 specific symptoms?

Going into month 17 and still unable to do much of anything at all, I am determined to school my new medical team this time around.

Thank you, thank you so much ☺️!!!

Angela Peacock has many good support groups weekly that you can participate in.

https://www.apeacockconsulting.com/