Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How should I preceded..I know this question is a redundant one.

I know this type of questions is asked quite a bit. I suppose I’m asking it for the personal comfort it gives me of others input. Here goes, Please help me with this question. If I’m down to 1mg of Klonopin, what cut amount and frequency would you recommend. I’d like to safely finish this taper off with as little discomfort as possible..Sincerely!

Rich

This is not a redundant question. This is exactly what we are here for. To help people safely get off benzo's.

Generally we recommend reductions of no more than 5-10% of your total daily dose every two weeks. Each person is different in terms of the cuts they can manage. It's pretty much trialling to see what percentage works for you. 

• Like 1

Oh just adding, each time you calculate the cut on your new dose not the starting dose. 

• Like 1

So you’re down to 1mg. What was your starting dose and what rate have you been cutting to get to 1mg?

My starting does was 2mg, Been cutting since end of November. 1/4 every 2 -3 weeks hold for 2 weeks at times.

Edited by [Ri...]
Added additional information

15 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

My symptoms have been bad since before Christmas Day ‘23. They have eased a bit from exercising, but some days I don’t want to get up or can’t fall asleep. Sometimes I feel like I’m gonna crawl out of my skin but it has eased quite a bit.

You have tapered quite aggressively if you've reduced your dose by 50% in just 2 months (Dec-Jan). I would not have been able to manage that. You might also want to use the search function to do a search for accummulation of cuts, so you understand what this principle entails and how it might effect future cuts. 

• Like 1

I figured there would be discomfort, honest to god I would just get up and ride my bike 20 miles and it seemed to really cut into the benzo withdrawal pain & discomfort. I’ve been advised by others to stabilize here for at least 4 months. 

How long have you been on benzos? Tapering is an individualized experience, some can go faster some have to go slower

• Like 1