Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anybody else feeling very hot body temp??

Hi.

For the past week, I'm feeling really hot ( just like when you get a virus) but this is the only symtom. It's knocking me out. My doctor sad yesterday "don't worry about it" !!! Taking a cold/flu medicine with ancetemitiphen helps suppress it ( don't know why).

This is weird and scary. Anybody else?? Thanks!

Hey @[Bu...],

I get this one occasionally.  It's like I sat out in the sun too long.  I'm just kinda overheated.  Maybe from inflammation?  I've found that taking Aleve helps me, so I guess other pain meds make sense too.

Is it a constant right now or coming and going?

• Love 1

Thanks for responding, Burn... it's constant which worries me. The Dr. laughed me out of her office. People don't get this for no reason. Flu pills help but, of  course, that's not a long term solution.

What could be wrong?

hi @[Bu...]   my body temp fluxuates so much.  i have to sleep with my window open even when its freezing outside. and my skin burns.  hoping you get releif soon.  maybe a cool shower would help?~~jill

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

The Dr. laughed me out of her office.

What could be wrong?

@[Bu...] this is just not acceptable. I am sorry the doctor did this.
Some psychotropic medication can make us overheat. Venlafaxine certainly affected me this way & I had a prescriber who did listen, said he knew it could be horrible side effect & let me stop. (except I misunderstood & CT but that’s another story) 

Guess it’s a process of elimination for cause whether due to medication/side effect/WD, illness coming on, hormones maybe or a combination. 

Whatever reason hoping it will subside for you. 

• Like 1

@[Bu...] Yes I get this. I'm 5 months post jump and my body really struggles to regulate temperature. I often feel quite hot throughout the day and if I do happen to get cold and put a jumper on, I quickly feel like I'm overheating and have to rip the damn thing off! During the night I experience night sweats. It's great...

• Like 1

Since withdrawing, I've had a lot of over heating, sweats, chilling and feeling cold, body revs up then slows down. Nothing I experienced before withdrawals. I believe its part of the healing process. But to be sure, it never hurts to see a doctor familiar with addiction and withdrawals. 

Edited by [Th...]
  • Like 1

@[Bu...],

I'm sorry about the doctor.  If I had a nickel for every awful doctor...😕

Anyway, for years I was misdiagnosed with an auto-immune disorder.  Part of what lead to this was the feeling of being over-heated all the time.  This is apparently a very common symptom for people with misbehaving immune systems.  Even though the diagnosis is probably wrong (I'll know for sure when this all shakes out a bit more) I do believe that the doctor was right in why I feel so warm.  I read that benzos can really mess with our immune systems, so I think that is still the underlying cause of all the heat.  I think that while it is very uncomfortable, and it scared me to death when it first started, it seems to be harmless.  When it stops, there doesn't seem to be any damage done.

I am sorry though, I know it's not fun.:hug:

• Like 1

Thank you to each one of you guys! I'm sorry you all have to undergo this. Maybe for me it's hormones but I'm kind of old for that.

• Like 1

I was referred to an endocrinologist because of it. After a7 hour test with a neuropsychologist, a health psychologist, psychiatrist, memory clinic, sleep clinic, pulmonary, cardio…

Over.It. 🥹

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Thank you to each one of you guys! I'm sorry you all have to undergo this. Maybe for me it's hormones but I'm kind of old for that.

I have been having some night sweats and my ears have been hot…weird.  My ears are plaguing me. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I have been having some night sweats and my ears have been hot…weird.  My ears are plaguing me. 

This ear stuff is one of the worst withdrawal symptoms we can get I think!  My ears got very hot during the early days of withdrawal, full feeling too. They still get warm occasionally but nothing like those early days. Still full feeling and sound is muffled some days. Night sweats happen several times a week for me too, restless legs accompany every night sweat episode. 

• Like 2

Hi Bulldog,

Yes to overheated! 🥵 I had a solid 2 month of severe night-sweats (tapering).  And I am post menopause.   My anxiety therapist recommended putting my face in very cold water or cold showers.  I think it helps the dysregulation of the autonomic system.  It’s challenging to make myself do the cold showers but it actually helps.

• Like 1

Thanks, beck. I guess my main worry is that there might be something serious wrong.

I just can't face another health crisis!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Thanks, beck. I guess my main worry is that there might be something serious wrong.

I just can't face another health crisis!!

So true. This process is a heath crisis- I just hope this is part of your healing and not an additional problem.:smitten:

• Like 1

I've had what I call "fire and ice" since I started all of this.  One minute I'll be freezing with chills, the next on fire.  Seems to be centered in the legs and feet for the most part.  I can't wear regular shoes with socks any more.  Even in the winter cold, my feet get so hot, it is painful.  I've been running around in crocs with no socks for over a year now.  Weird.  

• Like 1