Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is masturbation safe ?

Hi guys so im 3 months and 2 weeks completely clean and i still have lingering symptoms left. The first month i was suffering soo bad that masturbation was not even a distance thought ! but all of a sudden my libido was back for the past few says and i wanted to distract so i did it but then after few hours i felt low energy and tiny wave :( did i ruin my receptors again by doing this ? Does it directly effect the same receptors ? 

I don't believe you've ruined anything, and I'm glad to hear your libido is back, that's a good thing.  Many members actually experience an increase in their libido while going through this, we never know how we're going to be affected.

I hope you'll try again, chances are you won't experience the same after effects and it would be a shame to deny such a normal human function out of fear. 

• Like 3

It can effect you. It's a very nervous system thing.

It comes and goes for a while, don't worry about it.

No you didn't break yourself. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
[TH...]

I can agree with this. Had a good window the last few days. Next morning, feeling terrible. Definitely affects you. 

[be...]

It is not good. Your brain can be over-stimulated by glutamate so wait until it is protacted withdrawal phase.

[Si...]

Just wait the phase out. you'll enjoy this fully normally again. the fear will also go away. it also might come back during your post withdrawal phase but eventually it will return to normal. 

Indirectly the benzo's also hit the dopamine receptors ive read it in a study and experienced it throughout my own withdrawal after getting dystonia from metoclopramide (D2 receptor).
At first benzo's made those symptoms go away while it also contributed to them on its own in the long run during withdrawal. It was like a ''double negative turning into a positive hit on the dopamine receptors sort of thing" when it came to the benzo and dopamine relation. and in my case the GABA-A is like a muscle tone relaxant so it worked for my muscle control related symptoms at first.

And benzo's in general slow things down in the brain so putting that in the basic groups of medication that are uppers or downers can likely effect your state as your body tries to find homoeostasis. specially the downers imo in benzo withdrawal will have a good effect at first but then much worse phase then you otherwise would have been without taking any downing herb or medication. It is like "what goes up must come down" kind of thing as your body was used to external slowing things down from the benzo and is trying to recover with each dosage cut and accumulation of the cuts prior. 

(remember during withdrawal and post withdrawal is still withdrawal)

Best is good lifestyle, dont take any extra things like special herbs unless you are in a really bad wave and need to break the cycle(could also take another cut or ride it out), good diet like food for good gut health, (additionally histamine lowing diet, or food good for thyroid health depending what issues you go through otherwise dont bother) meditate, walk outside, breath exercises, distraction, love, showers (also dependable for some it makes things worse, I found it helps specially before bed time to lower histamine? and also calm you down. not sure)
Health Gadgets that help you find relief or a sense of control like the o2ring from wellue gave me a piece of mind during sleep. man there is so much we can do imo. 
But some just go more nuts with health gadgets as they interpertate the findings without medical background or with too much anxiety.

A MS sort of diet with added meat for amino acids and a focus on good gut health is what worked great for me.

Sorry I went a bit overboard with this message, there is also self mental recovery involved as I write this down.

Edited by [Si...]