Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12+ months

I thought things would get better?  12+ months and the fear and depression are just as bad as day one.  Some of you took benzos for insomnia; I am a depressed person.  I will not get better.  

@[Go...] I have been having a rougher patch myself lately. 

I have been watching/listening to Jennifer Swantowsky on youtube for a long time, but I started to listen to her channel again. She is herself going through withdrawal, she is very inspirational and has wonderful ideas for managing withdrawal (she has had agoraphobia, intrusive thoughts, too, she speaksd a lot about that.)

I think it is okay if I link her YouTube Page.

I am too afraid all the time if I do something and recently it has become a stronger, but, if this process would not ease up, these sites would be full and full of unrecovered people. 

Hang in there, Gonzo, I believe, really, we will eventually get there!!!!

Edited by [Re...]
frocess => process :D
  • Like 1

Note Ian Singleton says it took him 18 months before recovery started, so in other words 18 months of acute

Edited by [WU...]

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I'm so glad you posted this. I NEED to hear the tough recovery stories. Most success stories trigger me still, but these short inspiration really help. Thanks, RR

• Like 1

/ @[wi...] shockingly there are many very useful short videos on vimeo one can watch describing exactly our problem. They are from 10 years ago.... I guess these were forgotten./

We will see. I'm entering month 20 of CT. There has been some recovery as far as fatigue and body aches. Down about 50%. Benzo belly worse, less anxiety but much worse depression and this new fear of driving. Cars auto shows have been my life. I think this is one of the toughest parts for me.