Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

After a couple days feeling better, things went south again

I jumped from benzos on January 3 after a taper, so 34 days ago.

I had a couple days feeling better on Friday and Saturday, perharps the best days so far. Slept better. Even the muscle fasciculations/twitches went away!

I decided that I was feeling so good that I decided to do some more intense exercise, push ups and bycicling, which was probably a mistake, since it may have revved me up.

Then on Sunday I started coming down with a cold/flu and a fever and started feeling rotten.

Then on Monday morning  made a big mistake: I took a Prednisone 20mg tablet for my cold. I did not know about reactions. I only researched afterwards and found out Preenisone can be bad for benzo recovery.

Also I still haven't given up drinking alcohol.

Now it's Tuesday 5:30 Am and I can't sleep. My muscle fasciculations are back full force. Feeling weird with despersonalization. Feeling like going insane. Have to be at work in 3 hours.

I hate this.

@[La...], I am so sorry; that sounds miserable.  I hate it when the bottom falls out.  Or when I do something that I didn't know would cause symptoms.  You have my sympathy and I'll be hoping and praying that tonight goes better for you.

• Like 1