Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

math help

[3c...]

@[ji...]

Yes… the 5 year old tablets would potentially be the more degraded than the 2 year old tablets. 

But, you have tapered all this way down comfortably, so maybe it’s only just becoming an issue with the 5 year old tabs. 

We’re only guessing here. But, it’s certainly possible given you feel you shouldn’t have been hit hard like that. 

I have some memories about this, I once had to rely on old tablets (5-7 years old) and they were significantly less effective, almost like I hadn't taken anything. 

The tablets were exposed to high humidity and were in part taken out of packaging, too. 

• Like 1

[3c...]

@[ji...]

Is there any possibility of you approaching your doctor and explaining the situation… show the doctor the pills you have saved so they can see your situation is legitimate. Maybe they would supply you with 0.5mg tabs to taper that remaining 0.1mg. Is this a possibility? 

@[Wi...]  i think first i will try crushing a few pills and mix them together instead of just crushing one at a time.   id rather try that first, than go back to my dr.  i think ive been traumtized by this whole thing and talking to him about the benzos is like talking to a rock.  im in such a bad way now that if i went to him i know he would say theres no way id feel like this and i should have jumped a long time ago...    wish i never went to him for anything.

[3c...]

I’m sorry you got such a ignorant dismissive doctor @[ji...]

one day he will be completely embarrassed about his treatment of patients like yourself. 

I think your idea is worthy of  a try 🫂