Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

math help

can anyone tell me where i am at in my taper?   the pill weight is 1.70 grams.   i am down to  . 17 grams.  how much klonopin am i down to.  thanks in advance .  my math is not very good these days.   im figuring it out several different ways and am confusing myself~ jill

Got it.  1mg active ingredient.

Let’s double check your pill weight while we’re waiting for @[Pa...]’s math person to arrive. 

Are you tapering clonazepam?  I ask because 1mg (active ingredient) clonazepam tablets typically weigh in the range of 0.170 grams (or 170 milligrams) pill weight. 

• Like 1

yes, @[Li...] clonzepam..  i, mg     pill weight is 170 grams   i am down to .17 grams.

Edited by [ji...]

Here is the formula to compute how much drug you are taking.

If your 1mg dosage pill weight is 1.7 grams and you are taking 0.17 grams of the pill, then you are at 0.1 mg of your drug.

• Love 1

thank you so much @[...].  its hard these days to even do a math problem.  i take that 2 times a day.  so when i get down to .09 pill weght, i would be at .05 mg twice a day?

Well, no that doesn't seem right.

If you weigh 0.09 grams on your scale, then you are eating 0.053 mg of drug.

Here is the equation you should use:

Let X = the weight of your cut up pill on the scale in grams

mg of drug you are eating = (X) divided by 1.7

• Love 1

[a4...]

@[ji...]

The weight of your clonazepam tablet has to be a mistake. I just weighed a large paracetamol tablet, and even that only weighed 1.3 grams.

your pill weight is much more likely to be 0.170grams or did you have your scales set to milligrams and mistake the weight as grams? 

Could you just make sure your scale is set to (g) and weigh again. I think you will find it weighs around 0.170

Edited by Guest

hello @[Wi...].  yes you are correct, the pill weight is .170 grams.  im so confused.  so what dose does that put me at?  does that mean that i am not at .1mg?.  thank you for your concern winters sun

[a4...]

I did know how to do this calculation, but the combination of never really calculating my own remaining API dose and the fact that my mind is also mush at the moment, I simply can’t recall.

Hopefully someone else will know how to calculate it for you, but until then, I’ll give you a close API number.

0.017 x 10 = 0.170

Well, there you go!

You’re now at exactly 0.1mg of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient. 

@[Wi...]    thank you so much for helping me with the pill weight and using the scale.  im in such a horrible way after so long of feeling really good.  i want so bad to updose a bit but im finally getting close to the end  trying to hold and wait this out.  this is all such a never ending nightmare.   thank you again for all your help @[Wi...]  ~~ wishing you health & healing~jill

[a4...]

You’re doing so well, @[ji...].

Just hang in there… you’ve come so far and now you’re nearly home! 

I’m happy I could help! 🫂

@[Wi...] Tip of the hat for helping @[ji...] use the correct units and amounts for her pill weight and dose weight!    

Per my posts upthread, the pill weight and dose weights seemed off to me but I was hesitant to comment because I do not have experience with pill weighing.  I was hoping someone who does (that would be YOU!) would provide feedback. 

@[ji...] Congratulations on reaching a dose of 0.1mg (active ingredient).  Clonazepam is a very potent benzodiazepine so I’m not surprised you are still feeling the effect of reductions.  What taper rate have you been using for your last several reductions?  (I ask because I’m wondering if your system is sending you a signal to slow down.)

• Love 1

Yeah, I figured the units were off but as long as but the pill weight and the cut up pill weight are in the same units, the equation I gave her will work.

But to be clear,

If the total pill weight is 0.17 gram and your are at a current pill weight is 0.017 grams, then the amount of drug your are taking is still computed by

Drug Taken in mg = (Current Pill Weight)/0.17

Doing this you see we still get 0.1mg of drug.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[a4...]

Thanks for explaining @[...] and thanks for the calculations.

I just felt confused and possibly other members may have been confused seeing such heavy clonazepam tablet weights. 

@[...]  thank you so much and im sorry for the confusion with the scale caculations.   if i can get myself stable again, maybe i'll be able to do math on my own, lol.  

@[Li...]  ive been reducing one number a week in the begining of my taper.  for instance if the weight of the pill was .025, i would go to ,024 and so on.  i would hold after a few months for a while.  and twice taking antibiotic i had to updose  when i felt normal i would resume the taper.   since iv gotten to a very low dose, im finding im running into trouble from the smallest possible reduction.  ive really been feeling great now for a while. even baking fresh bread every morning, reduing all the things in my home that iv wanted done.   and saturday out of no where was sent all the way back to when i was bedbound.  havent even been able to eat since then and im only 100 pounds to start with.   i just want to get stable again and then i'll hold for at least a month before i try to continue   i really dont know what id do without this community.  noone in the world understands except ones going through this~~~~  thank you ~jill

@[Wi...]  one week ago.  i only went from .018 pill weight, to .017 pill weight. .  im so confused to why id even feel any difference.  the only thing i can think of is that even with crushing and weighing pills,  taking such a tiny amount of the powder is really a roll of the dice on how much is the medicine and how much is the filler.