Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stopping breastfeeding caught up with me

Oh, I didn’t think much of it but I have realised that at the end of November my baby started rejecting the breast almost completely (she had nursed 4 times per day for 2 months, before that she nursed 6-8 times per day) and I started breastfeeding her once per day. And at the end of December I was thrown into the worst wave ever, akathisia building up and up. I am horrible and non-functional now. 
I know I can never be sure but is it possible that the hormonal changes from drastically reducing breastfeeding have an impact on my symptoms? I feel like I have ingested something toxic, really. And I haven’t taken a med since 8,5 months ago during my c-section. 

I'm so sorry you're in the middle or a rough wave.  don't know the answer to your question but I think it makes a lot of sense that the hormonal changes of stopping breastfeeding could have unsettled your CNS.  As you probably know from your experience so far, your system will find its way back to equilibrium again.  I hope your symptoms ease up soon.