Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Accidentally took 20% additional Klonopin today

Does anyone have any experience with an accidental one day updose? I’m just beginning to feel somewhat stable after medication brand changes/cutting a bit too fast recently- and now in a moment of brain fog this happened. I’m reading a lot of stuff saying it shouldn’t be a big deal, but at the moment I’m feeling pretty drugged and “out of it”. Definitely not a pleasant thing to updose, which I guess is good. 

I’ve been sensitive to cuts and have had to proceed very slowly, I’m hoping this won’t set me back and just curious about others experiences with this. 

Only time will tell I suppose. Wishing everyone equanimity with this process today. <3

-Z

Edited by [Ze...]

I’ve done it once or twice. It’s fine, especially since it’s only one time.

It may take a few days, but try not to worry too much. It’s the rumination that can cause more distress. 

It's really not a big deal. It's like people taking a rescue dose. Happens quite often. You can just continue with your taper as usual. Normally it doesn't have much of an effect. Hopefully you'll be just fine.

Thanks for the replies friends. Hoping for the best and yes, doing my best to forget about it!