Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Setback and waves

I'm sorry but this site is a a waste of time and scary.  How do I delete accounts. Thank you.  

Before you do go @[...] this benzo journey is not at all easy. In fact, it’s bloody hard. Sending every good wish to you. & take care. 

Dear @[...] so very sorry.

Take from bb forum that we all in the same ridiculous boat & benzos do not really help long term they just put a blanket on our emotions. 

I won’t post about loss or any scary stuff. Just seek help that feels ok & right for you. Dip in & out if that may be of use. X

I    have just recently lost my Dad as well, January 11, 2024 and his burial was January 17,2024.  I    am in a taper after reinstating in March 2023 out of desperation, I    could not take the symptoms anymore.  So I    understand, I    suffer every day...the anger, frustration, irritability, withdrawal symptoms...grief---plus can I    mention that I    have severe PTSD...so the night terrors and nightmares.  I    am in absolute hell and just try to take things one day at a time.  I    know I    will heal, this is not what life is supposed to be.  I    have faith.  I    cry most days over my Dad, we were so close.  The abusive relationship I    had to leave, the money that was practically stolen from me in that relationship.  I    do not see hope some days.  I    listen to Dr. Lee and his podcasts, he talks a great deal about hope.  He has PTSD also, I    wish I    could offer some more comfort.  All I    can say is that I    am sorry for your loss, and have much empathy.  My family was somewhat supportive with the burial, but I  sit here in my apartment alone most of the time.  I    am very sad.  I    try to do YOGA, I    have therapy appointments, medication management, and church.  I    go to bible study and try to stay a little bit involved there.  I    am open to chatting in a message if you want to...please stay hopeful.  

Best,

Fierce

• Like 2

I’m so very sorry for your loss @[...], the negativity and darkness we feel while going through this must be suffocating when combined with your grief.  

I agree with @[je...], I believe you can recover but this is sure to have an effect. 

@[...] I am so sorry about the loss of your Dad!  I cannot imagine the grief you must be experiencing.  Do you have someone you can talk to about your grief?  A trusted friend? family member? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[F...] said:

I    have just recently lost my Dad as well, January 11, 2024 and his burial was January 17,2024.  I    am in a taper after reinstating in March 2023 out of desperation, I    could not take the symptoms anymore.  So I    understand, I    suffer every day...the anger, frustration, irritability, withdrawal symptoms...grief---plus can I    mention that I    have severe PTSD...so the night terrors and nightmares.  I    am in absolute hell and just try to take things one day at a time.  I    know I    will heal, this is not what life is supposed to be.  I    have faith.  I    cry most days over my Dad, we were so close.  The abusive relationship I    had to leave, the money that was practically stolen from me in that relationship.  I    do not see hope some days.  I    listen to Dr. Lee and his podcasts, he talks a great deal about hope.  He has PTSD also, I    wish I    could offer some more comfort.  All I    can say is that I    am sorry for your loss, and have much empathy.  My family was somewhat supportive with the burial, but I  sit here in my apartment alone most of the time.  I    am very sad.  I    try to do YOGA, I    have therapy appointments, medication management, and church.  I    go to bible study and try to stay a little bit involved there.  I    am open to chatting in a message if you want to...please stay hopeful.  

Best,

Fierce

Thank you so much for your kind words.  I also have night terrors  over 2 years now..so sorry for your loss..it horrible. Thank you again xxx