Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Withdrawal Must be Here

7 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

@[ne...]"I was in crazy withdrawal the whole last year"

Was this the period of your taper, one year ?  This is just my opinion but withdrawal starts as soon as you first did a cut, so add that taper year to 5 months and you are 17 months out.  Does this sound reasonable? 

You did it better than me as I went CT 

Yes I was taper and trying to stabilize. From 0.5 diazepam some days and 150mg others. Finally i just CT five months ago and i stopped vomiting and most of the other stuff subsided, after three weeks.

I have morning anxiety and tinnutus left. Sometimes headache and that weird head pressure. But last year was crazy and i feel much better.

42 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Thank you.  It just is so difficult and no rhyme or reason.  We just tend to think the worst, which is it will NEVER end :(

Yes, it's difficult to believe, especially when all your body is crying for help, but it will end. All the symptoms arisen during the wd and tapering are bound to subside by and by or one wonderful day. Just keep it in mind as i do) And trust your smart brain. It will sort everything out by itself regardless your mind's doubts. Good great luck to you!) Hope you'll feel better rather soon🙂

5 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

From 0.5 diazepam some days and 150mg

Well this proves my other opinion that there is no such thing as a small dose, that any amount is going to cause problems. I'm glad you are over the worst

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

This is what scares me with this forum. A large part of people doesn't seem to improve the first two years and even get worse after a year mark. I was in crazy withdrawal the whole last year totally non functioning, like a baby needing 24/7 care. If I get in that state again after 5 months out I'm not sure I can take it. 

I hope you will be one of those who get off quick @[Kh...].

@[ne...], do you feel better now? I hope you've already suffered out most of what you were given to suffer and the rest will go much more smoothly!)🌤️

I had 2 weeks of fluoroquinolones back in September.  It was hell it was putting me in acute.  Does this contribute to longer term recovery issues?

11 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Yes I was taper and trying to stabilize. From 0.5 diazepam some days and 150mg others. Finally i just CT five months ago and i stopped vomiting and most of the other stuff subsided, after three weeks.

I have morning anxiety and tinnutus left. Sometimes headache and that weird head pressure. But last year was crazy and i feel much better.

Yes Peppe we are hoping you are better and an inspiration to us to get well.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, [[K...] said:

Yes Peppe we are hoping you are better and an inspiration to us to get well.  

Yes much better! Thank you @[Kh...] that was nice said of you and i try to be that :)

17 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Thanks. It moves forward slowly. No windows or waves just slow.

:)

So this is your way of recovery 😊 I also had most and worst of my suffering during the tapering and  a year in tolerance had been even worse bc i didn't understand what was going on. I agree with @[WU...] we should add the time of tapering to the actual withdrawal but then i seem to be somewhere far behind🥺. But, anyway, i'm better now, although today it's really hard to believe too) And we're healing, everyone at their pace)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Gosh u are such a positive force and I thank you so much for caring.  I know you are right, just hard to see it now.  

You know i think i'm positive mostly because i do feel better and after all the suffering. The healing is really going, i just perceive it🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [[K...] said:

When will we start to feel better?  The million dollar question.

That’s a painful question. It always loops in my brain, but I can’t stand asking myself that anymore. There no damn answer for a timeline. When you’ve truly been at the ledge, you stop asking anymore. No one knows. That’s why this is inhumane torture.

stopping asking that question is not synonymous with giving up..is actually a form of self care now for me.

like I said, it loops in my head, but like everything that loops, I can’t trust it to be remotely true.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Update:  the withdrawal symptoms just seem to be accelerating.  Almost 2 weeks off.  Heavy head, head pressure, ear pressure, feel like fluid in one ear.  Is it real or just a sensation?  I can feel something sloshing around a bit.  Spike in Tinnitus.    I will see my Ent this week.  But I have already been thru antibiotics for sinus infection back in September and it was a fluoroquinolone so I was in an acute for two weeks.  Who knew these antibiotics were not compatible with Xanax? Ppl here did, but I hadn’t joined yet.  Dr in Thailand certainly didn’t.   Felt like I was going to die.  Then I had sinus surgery to clear out infected material from sinuses.  Now it seems that wasn’t necessary cuz I was sick from benzos.  That said, I had sinus issues for years.  So maybe it will help in long run.  

Just miserable day after day, waking up worse off then the prior day.  When will some relief come?  My goodness this is pure hell.  

@[Kh...]  I am sorry you are still struggling so intensely with Tinnitus, I am still dealing with it too, its a very difficult withdrawal symptom to deal with. 24/7 of drilling through your brain, emotionally crushing for sure. 

Are you taking any Antidepressants or High Blood Pressure medications right now? Both of these are very high on the list of drugs that cause Tinnitus. If you are taking either of these, you might talk to your doctor about switching to other medications that don't effect the ears. 

Just now, [[T...] said:

@[Kh...]  I am sorry you are still struggling so intensely with Tinnitus, I am still dealing with it too, its a very difficult withdrawal symptom to deal with. 24/7 of drilling through your brain, emotionally crushing for sure. 

Are you taking any Antidepressants or High Blood Pressure medications right now? Both of these are very high on the list of drugs that cause Tinnitus. If you are taking either of these, you might talk to your doctor about switching to other medications that don't effect the ears. 

Not taking either of those.  I may need AD's but havent started them  My tinnitus began when I received a shingles vaccine and became Xanax tolerant which seemed to occur at the same time??

• Like 1

Not taking either of those.  I may need AD's but havent started them  My tinnitus began when I received a shingles vaccine and became Xanax tolerant which seemed to occur at the same time??

I googled Tinnitus and the Shingles vaccine, of course Drs deny that it causes Tinnitus, however they say shingles itself can cause T. Did you ever have shingles before the vaccine?

3 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

I googled Tinnitus and the Shingles vaccine, of course Drs deny that it causes Tinnitus, however they say shingles itself can cause T. Did you ever have shingles before the vaccine?

No never had shingles.  But Dr recommended it so I got it.  I have seen the research.  Medical community has gone out of its way to say Vaccine does NOT cause T.  I think they are full of it.

• Like 2

Just now, [[K...] said:

No never had shingles.  But Dr recommended it so I got it.  I have seen the research.  Medical community has gone out of its way to say Vaccine does NOT cause T.  I think they are full of it.

I agree, Drs are clueless to many symptoms of these vaccines and drug reactions. When I first turned up with T during interdose withdrawals, I googled whether or not T was a symptom of benzo withdrawal. The medical system feels T is RARE with Benzo withdrawal!!!! OMG....they need to hang out here awhile and research T and Benzo withdrawal, it seems pretty common to me! Drs are in denial of many things, pretty sad 

Yes I was also in interdose/tolerance withdrawal at the time I took the vaccine.  Dont really know the real reason for T   ugh

• Love 1

Yes I was also in interdose/tolerance withdrawal at the time I took the vaccine.  Dont really know the real reason for T   ugh

You aren't alone in this. Praying you get relief from this horror soon.