Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is pain and itchiness a sign of recovery?

Sometimes I get random zaps on my skin and feel itchy. I also see my skin turning a bit red. No doubt these are all signs of wd but could they also be signs that yourbrain is recovering and being back to normal? 

Hey @[Es...],

I think that they are signs of both.  I tend to think of withdrawal as one part of a dual process.  As the level of the drug drops and leaves it clears the way for your brain to start rebuilding and repairing the damage that was done.  This is my own visualization, I'm not quoting anything in particular.  It's just how I personally think it might work. 

I do think that every symptom we move through is our brains trying to sort out everything that was misplaced for so long.  It's like it is trying different things saying "Hmm, maybe that's the right button to do (fill-in-the-blank)" and then when it does something wrong, like cause itching, it says "Nope, that's not it.  Guess I'll try again later."

As you can see, I have a very vivid imagination! :classic_biggrin:  Anyway, I think it is probably a good sign that things are changing.  But I am sorry about the itching and redness!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[Es...],

I think that they are signs of both.  I tend to think of withdrawal as one part of a dual process.  As the level of the drug drops and leaves it clears the way for your brain to start rebuilding and repairing the damage that was done.  This is my own visualization, I'm not quoting anything in particular.  It's just how I personally think it might work. 

I do think that every symptom we move through is our brains trying to sort out everything that was misplaced for so long.  It's like it is trying different things saying "Hmm, maybe that's the right button to do (fill-in-the-blank)" and then when it does something wrong, like cause itching, it says "Nope, that's not it.  Guess I'll try again later."

As you can see, I have a very vivid imagination! :classic_biggrin:  Anyway, I think it is probably a good sign that things are changing.  But I am sorry about the itching and redness!

I see it the same way! 🍀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[Es...],

You've made me laugh😁. I see the thing exactly the same way with the same brain's saying)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[Es...],

BurnTheShips, that's exactly how I would describe it. Our brain is trying to heal,  find its way back to what works. 

:thumbsup: