Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need to reinstate (dose question)

I’m at the end of my rope trying to figure out if I’m in benzo withdrawal, dealing with long covid neurological issues, or have some kind of dysautonomia or an illness that has not yet been diagnosed. I’ve had 2 stints with benzos recently (klonopin for a little over two weeks 1mg at most and Valium for about 3 weeks 4mg then tapered 1mg per week) the 2 weeks of klonopin use includes a rapid taper. Same with Valium. I’ve been benzo free since November 21st. I’ve been rapid cycling between depression and this overstimulated state where it feels like someone has injected my brain with cocaine. And it’s not euphoric at all. I have a family to look after and have lost my job because I’m disfuctional. Since I have no idea if this is benzos, covid or something else my thought is to just roll the dice and start using benzos again to regain some relief to be somewhat functional. The problem is I don’t know what dose to start back on. What’s the correct way to do this if I’m just going to accept being on these things long term?

I'm sorry this is so hard. I had Long Covid so I know how tough it is to distinguish between symptoms.  Here is a thread that talks about reinstatement. It's about the pros and cons but it also talks about if you do reinstate what the best approach is in terms of doses etc.

• Like 1

@[je...]is there any info on rescue doses in the Ashton manual? I did this the other night and you responded to my post. Thank you. Curious what the Ashton manuals take is if any?

To the best of my knowledge there's no info in the Ashton Manual about rescue doses after stopping the drug, only about rescue doses during tapering. 

If you do reinstate, and since it's been short term, it would be logical to start at  low amount such as 1mg of valium.

Read the stories here on bbs. You would be taking a serious gamble if you take these long term.

Try to exhaust every other option. 

Good luck

Edited by [...]