Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Almost 4 months free

Hey everyone. I am 3 days short of being off benzos for 4 months. It’s been pretty good so far. I honestly thought i was in the clear until this week. Sadly i feel a wave coming on. It mostly comes on late afternoons and evenings. Anxious feelings and it feels like jolts of electricity going through me. Jolting awake when falling asleep, etc. I had these symptoms before benzos and it was initially what put me on them…. No way i am going back to that though. I am still on Lexapro but it is a relatively small dose of 7.5mg. And i still take Atenolol for blood pressure.  Hopefully this wave comes and goes and doesnt get much worse. 

The only other lingering symptom that has persisted is benzo belly. I am super gassy and have diarrhea 90% of the time. It’s really not been to heavy of a burden dealing with that but i was hoping the anxiety and akathisia type symptoms would never return. 

Anyway other than that it’s been a pretty dang good 4 months. I am proud to be done and just could use some prayers as i go through this wave. I hope everyone is surviving and slowly making it to their goal of being free. 

-Phizzle

Hey @[Ph...],

Congratulations on 4 months off!  That's awesome!  I'm sorry about the coming wave.  I hate the feeling when it starts up.  I'll be praying it's a little one and washes over quickly. ❤

Congratulations on 4 months off @[Ph...]!  It's an awful feeling when you feel like you're in the clear and get slammed with a wave.  You've been through a lot of withdrawal already so you know that it's full of surprises, twist & turns.  But you have a lot of healing behind you and you're heading in the right direction.  Wishing you much healing.