Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

New Here...Quick question re dry taper scales

I started a taper about a month ago and have, to this point, eyeballing my cuts. I am very sensitive to the cuts (I've cut at about 5%) and now desperately need to find a reasonably priced accurate scale.  I haven't seen any on Amazon that get good reviews on accuracy; even those  rated highly are deemed questionable on accuracy.  I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on scales that have worked for you.  Do any medical suppliers sell better quality scales (that are still reasonably priced)?

Thanks so much for your help!

Edited by [Cy...]
to identify topic

Hello @[Cy...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It sounds like you’re doing a slow taper, I’m glad you already know to do this.  I believe most of our members use the inexpensive scales you can purchase for around $30 US but they use a lot of tricks to get the greatest accuracy.  Hopefully some will stop by with recommendations and suggestions for you.

We’re glad you found us. 

I’m thinking @[Cy...] that it might be helpful to edit your subject title to include a reference to scales, that might alert members to your question.

Is there anything else we can help you with?  How are your symptoms? 

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as I progress with this journey.  Still struggling with wrapping my head around all this. It has already been challenging to say the least. Lots of symptoms. The anxiety of course.  I'm on clonazepam, which interestingly is a mast cell stabilizer.  I had already developed mast cell issues and histamine intolerance, so eliminating the clonazepam has created an uptick in many histamine issues, such as morning sweating and burning, burning mouth, severe food sensitivities, and severe joint and muscle pain in my hips and knees.  Having said that, my biggest challenge right now is figuring out tapering accuracy.

Dr. Josef witt-Doerring has a new YouTube video on using the Gemini scale vs a more sensitive lab grade scale.  You might find that helpful to look at as you seek to find greater accuracy in your taper.  I, personally, bought a 0.0001 gram scale on e-Bay for $250.  It is not as fancy as the more expensive ones, but it works well for me...at least giving me peace of mind that I am being as accurate as I can be.  But, I also know many, many others have had a successful taper with the less expensive scale.

• Like 1

I will definitely watch the video from Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring, I just found him recently. I hadn't thought to check ebay. Will see what I can find there.  Thank you for the suggestions!

12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as I progress with this journey.  Still struggling with wrapping my head around all this. It has already been challenging to say the least. Lots of symptoms. The anxiety of course.  I'm on clonazepam, which interestingly is a mast cell stabilizer.  I had already developed mast cell issues and histamine intolerance, so eliminating the clonazepam has created an uptick in many histamine issues, such as morning sweating and burning, burning mouth, severe food sensitivities, and severe joint and muscle pain in my hips and knees.  Having said that, my biggest challenge right now is figuring out tapering accuracy.

Oh my, having mast cell issues does complicate things, we have other members dealing with this.  

This member has a lot of experience with using a scale and used an interesting method of tapering.  He’ll typically not recommend his method because its labor intensive but I wanted to point you to his link because he used a scale and documented his journey so well. 

https://benzobuddies.org/profile/265365-[...]/?tab=field_core_pfield_34

https://benzodrytapermath.com/