Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need a better scale

Anyone have suggestions for a decent scale? 

I've been having revved up symptoms. 

I weighed my cuts very carefully over and over, last night and this morning i went back and weighed them again, they are all off! Not just a little!

I need a more accurate scale as I am having terrible symptoms and I'm sure it must be from this.

Please someone give me some links to accurate scales. I know they a sensitive, I ger that but this is ridiculous. 

Do the ones made with plastic work better? This one is metal. It gets cold really fast and could be that it heats up too much also.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated 🙂 

Thanks 

Just now, [[B...] said:

Hi @[ns...]- This is a popular scale and it's also the one I've used.

https://www.amazon.com/AWS-Portable-Precision-Digital-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM?th=1 

It's important to calibrate the scale periodically.  Could that be an issue with your scale?

Oh thank u Brighterday! No I've calibrated it, it's just this little tiny thing that's just not worth messing with.  Sure got me in a mess.

Hopefully ill have better luck with this new one! Should have bought it to begin with! Thank u so much!

Ns

3 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Oh thank u Brighterday! No I've calibrated it, it's just this little tiny thing that's just not worth messing with.  Sure got me in a mess.

Hopefully ill have better luck with this new one! Should have bought it to begin with! Thank u so much!

Ns

Oh, I think it's the same one. They look the same but have different name. Mine is a smart weigh, your is a portable precision. I think they are very close to being the same. 

Thank u Brighterday, here's a link to the one I have

Smart Weigh GEM20-20g x 0.001 grams, High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale, Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale, Calibration Weights and Tweezers Included https://a.co/d/1rvR58u

Are you using the little weighing dish?  You need to put the empty dish on the scale and press tare before you add the medication fragments/powder to ensure you're not including the weight of the dish in your weight.

8 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Oh, I think it's the same one. They look the same but have different name. Mine is a smart weigh, your is a portable precision. I think they are very close to being the same. 

Smart Weigh GEM20-20g x 0.001 grams, High Precision Digital Milligram Jewelry Scale, Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale, Calibration Weights and Tweezers Included https://a.co/d/1rvR58u

I found one that a plastic surface. These others are metal and cold. Could be the temperature is the problem. I can never get it warm enough. It's cold here and in the mountains so it could be that the issues I'm having are due to temperature and elevation. 

Anyone who might know about scales with a plastic surface please chime in here ok, needing some help 

Just now, [[B...] said:

Are you using the little weighing dish?  You need to put the empty dish on the scale and press tare before you add the medication fragments/powder to ensure you're not including the weight of the dish in your weight.

press tare everytime?

I use the little dish evertime but not the tare button, probably the problem.  I'll ck it out

Thank u:classic_blink:

28 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I found one that a plastic surface. These others are metal and cold. Could be the temperature is the problem. I can never get it warm enough. It's cold here and in the mountains so it could be that the issues I'm having are due to temperature and elevation. 

Anyone who might know about scales with a plastic surface please chime in here ok, needing some help 

OK, I'm going to need help. I have a new prescription. Can u help me with weighing the dose. I've weighed 10.pills total 1.200, each pill weighs 1.20, pretty even.  If you can help me as the weight is different from my last prescription. If not, let me know and I'll post it ok, thank u for your help, I. Think it's the tare button! Geez

5 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

OK, I'm going to need help. I have a new prescription. Can u help me with weighing the dose. I've weighed 10.pills total 1.200, each pill weighs 1.20, pretty even.  If you can help me as the weight is different from my last prescription. If not, let me know and I'll post it ok, thank u for your help, I. Think it's the tare button! Geez

Oh my current dose is 0.24 and 0.25, want 0.24 but that was weight according to my last prescription. I'll ck back again at my conversation with Winters sun when he was helping me with my first weigh

Ns

14 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Oh my current dose is 0.24 and 0.25, want 0.24 but that was weight according to my last prescription. I'll ck back again at my conversation with Winters sun when he was helping me with my first weigh

Ns

Hi Brighterday, I didn't mean to expect u to help me weigh. If your busy no problem. The scale seems to be on target now with the tare button! Thank u!:thumbsup:

This information is for anyone who can help me weigh out my new prescription. 

Each tab weight of my last prescription was 1.23 so.its a little heavier than my new ones. I take 0.24 or 0.25 per dose 4x per day. There's always an offset due to the difficulty weighing such a small.amount.

The new ones are 1.20. I'm going down to 0.24 exactly. Going to try to stay at that dose until stabilized.

Thanks

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections

@nsindy - You have a couple of threads going on this forum -  It would be best to keep questions about your taper to one thread so all the input and responses you get are in one place. It will make it easier for you to keep track of things and it will help ensure members and the BB team aren't duplicating efforts.  Which thread would you like to be the focus?

3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@nsindy - You have a couple of threads going on this forum -  It would be best to keep questions about your taper to one thread so all the input and responses you get are in one place. It will make it easier for you to keep track of things and it will help ensure members and the BB team aren't duplicating efforts.  Which thread would you like to be the focus?

Hi brighterday,  since I started a conversation with u about a new scale, I thought it best I start an actual new post asking for help weighing my new prescription.  I was advised to do this by pamster or jelly belly. Maybe both. 

Still haven't had a response. I have figured out my dosage so I'm ok

Ns