Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Protracted after short use. Need support

Man guys this is just so unbelievably hard. You can check my profile for my story but my protracted withdrawal just keeps going on. Day 59 and I'm still having waves and tingling and now severe morning depression/anxiety has shown up. For such a small usage (6 days 1 MG a day 6 MG total) I can't believe I am still feeling such intense PAWS. I have a 6 month old and a 14 and 9 year old. I'm also the breadwinner. Holy shit guys this level of suffering while having to function is unbelievable. Also I was prescribed seroquel for sleep and acute panic and after 2 25mg doses on 2 nights I started to feel terrible waves of depression and now that has joined the anxiety. I didn't have depression before ugh just severe anxiety. I hope so much I havent hurt my healing progress by trying to start seroquel. I guess I'm so sensitized and can take literally nothing pharmaceutical. Please send support for an embattled dad who just wants to be well for his family. Anyone withdrew and kept parenting and kept their life together? Anyone wanna be a friend and keep in touch? I don't want to give my fiance and mom burnout. 37 year old American guy in North Carolina who had a pretty happy life before this shit.

Edited by [th...]

I am so sorry you are struggling like this.   Are you still taking the Seroquel?    Throwing that in the mix may be causing further stress on your central nervous system.   Insomnia is very common in withdrawal, so the Seroquel may or may not help with your insomnia.  

It is incredibly hard to continue working, parenting, etc while going through this but just know that it will not always be this way.  You will get to a better place, and hopefully sooner rather than later.   These symptoms will begin to calm down.   

I read through your history, and it seems that alcohol has probably played a part in your how your body is responding now.    We refer to alcohol as a liquid benzo.  It basically works on the same receptors as benzo, and once stopped along with stopping a benzo you can have some pretty intense withdrawal symptoms.   I am assuming you are not drinking any alcohol currently.

Also, with a history of prior benzo use, each time you stop using benzos it seems to get a bit more difficult.  

So, all this to say, you will definitely get better, but it make take a little longer than you would like.   Do you have some supportive people in your life?

54 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

I am so sorry you are struggling like this.   Are you still taking the Seroquel?    Throwing that in the mix may be causing further stress on your central nervous system.   Insomnia is very common in withdrawal, so the Seroquel may or may not help with your insomnia.  

It is incredibly hard to continue working, parenting, etc while going through this but just know that it will not always be this way.  You will get to a better place, and hopefully sooner rather than later.   These symptoms will begin to calm down.   

I read through your history, and it seems that alcohol has probably played a part in your how your body is responding now.    We refer to alcohol as a liquid benzo.  It basically works on the same receptors as benzo, and once stopped along with stopping a benzo you can have some pretty intense withdrawal symptoms.   I am assuming you are not drinking any alcohol currently.

Also, with a history of prior benzo use, each time you stop using benzos it seems to get a bit more difficult.  

So, all this to say, you will definitely get better, but it make take a little longer than you would like.   Do you have some supportive people in your life?

No I am definitely not drinking I don't think I will ever again at this point I'm terrified. I stopped the seroquel after 2 nights. Everything I have used to try and help only seems to give me a flare up. The insomnia psychosis just feels so desperate and so I'm looking for help because I feel like I can't go on. The severe anxiety from the benzos has now shifted into a black depression. Ugh I didn't really know this level of suffering could exist.

Glad you are no longer taking the Seroquel.    I totally understand trying to fix the insomnia.  I am sure it can be brutal on so many levels.   Do you feel like your symptoms lift a bit as the day progresses?   

25 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

Glad you are no longer taking the Seroquel.    I totally understand trying to fix the insomnia.  I am sure it can be brutal on so many levels.   Do you feel like your symptoms lift a bit as the day progresses?   

Yeah that is usually the case.