Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Depersonalization

Depersonalization is by far the strongest symptom I’m having right now- holding at.25mg after 3rd taper in 6years.  Time seems off- dreams feel weird-not feeling hunger , etc.  just doing what I should because it’s my routine- when I take my dose at nite- this seems to lift a bit .  Been through this before, but I feel it’s more or less not going to go away like before- taking my dose in split doses seems to make me feel sedated in the daytime and even more “out of it”.  

Hello @[...] - welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Depersonalization is a common withdrawal symptoms, as you probably know.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  You may be aware that your previous tapers have set you up for "kindling", the theory that the nervous system has a memory of past withdrawal(s) and is sensitized so that subsequent withdrawals are more difficult than in previous withdrawals. This doesn't mean you won't recover; it may just be a bit more bumpy.

Here's a link with ideas for coping with depersonalization: https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/symptom/depersonalization

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your support!  I almost forgot about InnerCompass , thanks again for that link , it’s reassuring to remind (albeit constantly) myself this is a true phenomenon/symptom of benzodiazepine withdrawal.  

• Like 1