Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Withdrawaling. New member. Really going through it

Hi. I dont know how to use this forum but a friend recommended it to me so i hope i learn it bcuz im not tech savvy....im tapering off of clonazepam. I was at 5mg now im down to 2.5 mg. I had to get a new dr. The old one was very abusive. The new one gave me false hope but im stuck with him now. He told me one thing then did another. My body is not adjusting right to my dose drops. My nervous system is in shock & my muscles are so weak i have to be careful not to collapse. I have to be able to sit down right away. I am struggling really hard today bcuz i the new dr. Told me he'd let me go at my own pace. I met with him for a 2nd time today and he said no, i told you we were going to drop your dose again next visit. He lied. It is hard & upsetting. Bcuz my body is struggling i asked for 2 more weeks on my current dose. Thats when he said no. I was surptised and panicked bcuz he lied to me and gave me false hope. So i will drop my dose again tuesday. I hope i learn how to use this forum. I need support. This is my 2nd time in my life coming off of benzos. The 1st time i came off of 8 mg xanax a day. So its harder this time. But last time i dropped 1 mg at a time. This time ive been dropping .5 mg at a time. And just now will be starting to drop by .25 mg at a time. My body is struggling very bad. And no matter how you do this, coming off of benzos is the hardest drug to come off of. I know this because i am 6 years clean from all street drugs & alcohol. Now it has come time on my healing path to come off my meds. Ive already dropped about 3 or 4 other meds. I have clonazepam currently dropping then when thats over i will titrate off of zyprexa. Lastly i will heal my stomach and come off of zofran. Then i will meet my goal of being totally med free. But i must survive this. I have idk how many months to go....but too many months to go. Id appreciate any support especially from other healers like myself....i am more than just a healer im on a deeply spiritual path & i have many titles that fit me. Seeking people like myself, especially women, to help eachother through titration off of benzos. It is pure hell

Hello @[mo...] and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

The taper your doctor is guiding you through is very fast.  It's not surprising that you're having difficult symptoms.  The first suggestion I have for you is to print out this document and bring it with you to your next appointment: 

https://corxconsortium.org/wp-content/uploads/Benzo-Deprescribing.pdf

Ask him if he would read it while you're there. Explain to him that you want to taper more slowly to help keep your withdrawal symptoms to a minimum.

Many of us here at BB have been rushed through tapers that were too fast.  This happened to me too.  I am hoping we can help you find a way to persuade your doctor to work with you to do a slower, more sensible taper.  No matter what your taper is like you can still recover but we want to help make it less difficult.  

You sound determined to get off your meds sensibly, one at a time.  It can take time, more time than we'd like.  But your determination is an important strength.

We're glad you found us,

Brighterday

He wont read it. He was so nice at first and reassuring. 2nd appointment he showed his true colors. He would probably throw me out and leave me to die if i even tried to convince him to read anything or slow me down. And its wrong. And karma is very real .....but thank you for your care, compassion & reply to me....many blessings upon you🙏🏼

@[mo...] -It sounds unlikely but maybe he was having a bad day on your second appointment and showed his true colors at your first appointment.   Do you think it might still be worth trying to work with him?   Can you switch to another doctor, or perhaps a nurse practitioner?

On 03/02/2024 at 14:59, [[B...] said:

@[mo...] -It sounds unlikely but maybe he was having a bad day on your second appointment and showed his true colors at your first appointment.   Do you think it might still be worth trying to work with him?   Can you switch to another doctor, or perhaps a nurse practitioner?

I might try but idk what to do and i wish i had help but i am alone in this and it is too hard to do alone...im sorry i just dont know what to do anymore

Your not alone on this pal,I’m in the exact same situation,right now.ears are ringing,heads banging,nerves twitchy as hell,just explained to my partner about it that I’ve got a big situation to get through,I hid it all from her,.but being on here is helping me,.and I’m going to help others while I’m here,.it’s seriously hard going pal,.and I would say if your symptoms are getting to severe,.bypass the doctor and explain it with the mental health services,.that’s who I’m intouch with currently

I have tried everything i can try. I cannot find a good, honest titration dr that will allow me to go at a pace that my body can handle. I give up