Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When start counting?

Hi :)

So, basically, I was given 5mg of Diazepam at the hospital after I went with all my withdrawal symptoms (from being cold turkeyd from Ativan twice before that in a month due to interaction with medication that sent me straight to a/d after I was given 3mg of Ativan) that nobody could recognize. Before the diazepam, it had been almost 10 days I was off the Ativan, and I felt like there was amelioration in my symptoms but that diazepam really threw me back in..

Could 5mg of Diazepam (that didn’t actually work, I must say, I believe the tolerance I developed because of the medication interaction is significant) really do such a setback? I feel like I have a lot more difficulty with akathesia than I did, per example, and also jaw, sleep, etc.

if that’s the case, the last time I had a diazepam was a week ago. I metabolize drugs quite slowly. Would I be out of the woods soon? Knowing it was cold turkey. Or can this part lasts for very long?

Also, my CNS is so affected. I have been taking propranolol but if I don’t take it, I have a high pulse, chest pain, no air, akathesia is in my entire body, noise and smell sensitivity, I jump at nothing, d/r and d/p, suicidal ideations (literal urges), panic attacks that have been the most frightening thing ever…

Gosh.. I am tired….

Because of that one pill that was last week, I am thinking I might be able to reinstate. If this gets worse than what it is right now..

Help.