Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Something weird is going on

I’m 16 months out now.  The last 2-3 weeks have easily been the worst bout I’ve had during this, and it’s not even close.  And, even some of the symptoms I thought had gone away have returned stronger than ever.  Wild nerve activity and sensations, debilitating fatigue, headaches, racing thoughts and OCD/mania type stuff, muscle pain and tension, vibrating brain, DPDR and brain fog to name a few.  And every symptom has seemingly been at a 10/10 in intensity. 

Is there any explanation for this?  Is this a sign of healing to come?  This whole process has been excruciating and exhausting, but this is the first time where every day straight for 2-3 weeks that I’ve wondered if I have the strength to make it.  If this doesn’t let up a little I’m in trouble.  

Thoughts appreciated. 

Edited by [dj...]

Sorry @[dj...] it’s baffling & if you’ve not done anything differently then it’s very hard to comprehend. I have no wisdom just hoping that this changes and soon 

51 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

I’m 16 months out now.  The last 2-3 weeks have easily been the worst bout I’ve had during this, and it’s not even close.  And, even some of the symptoms I thought had gone away have returned stronger than ever.  Wild nerve activity and sensations, debilitating fatigue, headaches, racing thoughts and OCD/mania type stuff, muscle pain and tension, vibrating brain, DPDR and brain fog to name a few.  And every symptom has seemingly been at a 10/10 in intensity. 

Is there any explanation for this?  Is this a sign of healing to come?  This whole process has been excruciating and exhausting, but this is the first time where every day straight for 2-3 weeks that I’ve wondered if I have the strength to make it.  If this doesn’t let up a little I’m in trouble.  

Thoughts appreciated. 

I'm right there with you,  I'm going through the same thing. The barometric pressure is low, has been low here fir awhile, it's deep into winter so that could explain my symptoms but many atmospheric rivers have Been hitting us so I have to wonder if that's it. The intensity of my symptoms is more electrical type stuff, nervey stuff even in my abdomen.  

Hopefully yours is due to that wave they talk about when your healing 

Ns

I made an appointment with the neurologist for Monday.  I know this is all benzo-related stuff but this head pressure, tingling, prickling, vibration, brain fog, etc is truly unbearable.  My brain literally feels fried and I am so out of it.  I may give in to medication.  I’m sure an anticonvulsant will be their choice.  

I hope you find relief.

I’m glad they could get you in so quickly at the neurologist. 

34 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

I made an appointment with the neurologist for Monday.  I know this is all benzo-related stuff but this head pressure, tingling, prickling, vibration, brain fog, etc is truly unbearable.  My brain literally feels fried and I am so out of it.  I may give in to medication.  I’m sure an anticonvulsant will be their choice.  

Yeah it feels like it’s been fried.

let us know how it goes 

Edited by [Wi...]

It also feels like the discordant thought activity is adding to the feeling of inward squeezing.

I know I'm a little late to this conversation, but I'm right there with y'all.  I was doing pretty well during December and the first half of January, but I feel like I started a slow downward slide a couple weeks ago. And last week I started in with the major insomnia again, feeling just not right in the head, and awful muscle pain.  Ugh.  Maybe it's winter taking a toll.  (At least where I live.)  Hopefully we'll all get some relief soon. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2024 at 00:58, [[W...] said:

Yeah it feels like it’s been fried.

let us know how it goes 

Any news?