Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Medication history reveals clobazam usage

Forgive me I’ve an odd question. 

Just had an intense 5 years of taking benzos as well as other psychotropic medication. 
I requested my medical GP records so I could check a few things. I know I have experienced intolerance. Also, a likely paradoxical reaction to diazepam. There has been some erratic prescribing dose wise that I was unaware made things far worse - and led to these issues and possibility kindling too. 

I am shocked to discover that I was taking frisium way back in 1983. Googling reveals this to be clobazam. I don’t recall this at all! From the handwritten note it seems after 9 months GP abruptly stopped (CT) the frisium (and an AD I do recall that featured for several years) both at the same time. 
Then records show I felt peculiar. No wonder. Seems I was prescribed frisium again months later. The record is incomplete so I can’t see what happened subsequently. 

My question is this. Given that we take time to recover & heal from benzos could there be a relationship between the recent 5 year benzo usage & the historic clobazam (& AD) use? Might there be a correlation? Benzos imprint  the brain so I’m guessing yes. Am I correct do you think? 

Edited by [Ka...]

Yes, it might be kindling where the benzo is concerned. I personally believe that all psych drugs have the potential to sensitize the brain for future exposure to other types of psych drugs. 

46 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Forgive me I’ve an odd question. 

Just had an intense 5 years of taking benzos as well as other psychotropic medication. 
I requested my medical GP records so I could check a few things. I know I have experienced intolerance. Also, a likely paradoxical reaction to diazepam. There has been some erratic prescribing dose wise that I was unaware made things far worse - and led to these issues and possibility kindling too. 

I am shocked to discover that I was taking frisium way back in 1983. Googling reveals this to be clobazam. I don’t recall this at all! From the handwritten note it seems after 9 months GP abruptly stopped (CT) the frisium (and an AD I do recall that featured for several years) both at the same time. 
Then records show I felt peculiar. No wonder. Seems I was prescribed frisium again months later. The record is incomplete so I can’t see what happened subsequently. 

My question is this. Given that we take time to recover & heal from benzos could there be a relationship between the recent 5 year benzo usage & the historic clobazam (& AD) use? Might there be a correlation? Benzos imprint  the brain so I’m guessing yes. Am I correct do you think? 

Hi Katrina,  I agree, I think all psych drugs affect our brain for along time. I had a bag with medications in it from a drawer when we moved 9 yrs ago. My husband found it and was going thru it.  He found an old bottle of valuim and lorazapam. One was prescribed to me one for him. We were shocked! Neither one of us took that stuff. Don't why it was prescribed, don't remember picking it up nothing! It was 20nyrs ago. There was I think 3 pills out of the valuim, none from lorazapam.  So odd, can't figure out how or why we have them. I think we'd had remembered. Couod have Bern ordered with other mrds and didn't even know what they were. 

Really have to be your own advocate these days. It's incredible!

Ns

In the UK in north of England there is a saying gobsmacked. Well I’m well & truly gobsmacked (shocked!) that:

a) I could be stupid enough to have taken frisium without really knowing 

b) this was stopped seemingly CT by a flipping GP 

Honestly, I don’t think we have progressed much at all - agree we need to be our own advocate. Be ahead of the game at all times. 
The important thing here is now I have this information I can use it and it is part of the recovery journey. 

Edited by [Ka...]
Additions
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

In UK in north of England there is a saying gobsmacked. Well I’m well & truly gobsmacked (shocked!) that:

a) I could be stupid enough to have taken frisium without really knowing 

b) this was stopped CT by a flipping GP 

Honestly, I don’t think we have progressed at all, agree we need to be our own advocate. Be ahead of the game at all times!

Yep we really do. In life, no one's really better to take care of us but us. The same principle applies to everything, especially our health.  Been there and done that. I used to listen to my doctor as if he was the only one that could help me, he was ok but I realized I needed to listen to my own self to make decisions for myself.  I can say no, I don't want that I don't need that,  or, I think I want tests done for this or that.  You're the doctor but I'm the one living in this body. It's the doctor job to listen to the patient, if he doesn't listen he's toast,  he's gone. I found a great doctor yesterday and hopefully he'll stay the way we found him. He's is awesome!

There are good ones out there but you really have to be patient. 

Ns