Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

13 months of and lack of courage .

Thanks for your advice regarding my taper.  NOT taking it slow has almost been the death of me more than a few times through this.  I started in Sept of '21 with a diazepam cross over from klonopin and Ativan.  The amount of my original BZ med was high enough and long enough that I had to start at 60mg of diazepam.  Throughout the last 2.5 years, I had cut down to 2mg by August of 23.  Sadly I hung in and suffered badly, mainly out of stubbornness until 2/6 of the current year.  At that point, I reinstated to 4mg.  That has provided some necessary relief.  By the way, my leg pain and weakness  is pretty intense, breathing is tough and I get so exhausted that I have to take up to 3 lie down rests per day.  If you can do your own housework, I think you're doing great.  I managed to walk the dog around the block this AM,  swept the kitchen floor, and took out the garbage.  That was it for me.  I had to return to bed afterwards.  

&knackered

Why do you have leg pain and short of breath ? Otherwise i found dark chocolate to ease the mental a little and give some energy .Enough water and vegetables is very important for us .

@[Wi...] Thank you for explaining how to tag a member you wish to reply to, I hadn't known how to do it.

@[ma...] there is an upbeat alternative to the news called Positive news, you might want to check it out. Wishing you the best of healing.

• Like 1

@[ma...]Sorry that I have not responded to your questions earlier, but I just located your post.  Muscular dysfunction and nerve pain is actually a common occurrence with BZ withdrawal.  I woke up one morning and had stiffness in my thighs and legs. Several hours latter it had morphed into nervous tremors and weakness.  The whole thing has made standing and walking very difficult.  Even the bottoms of my feet are sore.  My shortness of breath is called "air hunger"  by most.  I have an O2 meter that you use on the end of your finger to measure your oxygen intake and strangely, even when I feel as though I can't breathe well, my bodily oxygen levels are fine.  Go figure.  My diet includes plenty of go power from all food groups, but nausea (another common complaint with BZ WD)  does force me to live off thin oatmeal and dry toast at times.  I'm sure that does me little good nutritionally, but it's all I can get down.  

Hi @[ma...]:

I started in Sept. of 2021 with a crossover to 60mgs of diazepam.   So that makes about 2.5 years.  Now at 4mg and holding. I thought this would all be over and I would be healed up by now.  Ha!