Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Positive outcomes during early trimester pregnancy?

Hi there. I'm sort of freaking out and would love to hear something positive. I just found out I'm pregnant, but I was in the process of tapering and I was never taking all that much to begin with.

Has anyone else gotten pregnant at the end of their taper and have some positive stories for me? Or some version of what I'm going through. I'm going to get off asap and am motivated but I want to know it'll be ok.

Here's my history:
I began taking .5mg clonazepam for about a month and a half due to acute depression from a miscarriage. But knowing I should also get off, I began tapering to .25mg for another month or so, and now, I've been taking .125mg for about 3-4 weeks and I want to get off of it entirely. 

Any positive stories in general or tips for the last .125 jump? 

Thank you so much. I'm so happy this group is here!

Hi Traveler! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I pray this one goes well and you get the joy of holding your sweet baby in your arms. 
I haven’t experienced anything like being pregnant while going through this. But, I just wanted to lend my support in cheering you on to getting off your medication for the safety of you and your unborn baby. IMO, you are wise to get off the medication especially since you’ve been on it for only a month. I’d say continue to taper off slowly. I hope someone else replies to you that experienced this. Also you can search the old archives for others who were in your situation. 
sending you a big hug! You got this! 🤝👍🏼🙏

• Like 1