Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Symptom!!

When I'm in a wave one of my few symptoms , that drives me crazy,  is a buzzing , burning , butterflies feeling in my solar plexus area.  Below the sternum.  Does anybody else get this and if so do you use any specific coping strategies for it.  

Thanks in advance for any replies!

5 hours ago, [[a...] said:

When I'm in a wave one of my few symptoms , that drives me crazy,  is a buzzing , burning , butterflies feeling in my solar plexus area.  Below the sternum.  Does anybody else get this and if so do you use any specific coping strategies for it.  

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Hi Allen, well I think you answered my question! I have this kind of jumpy nervey kind of thing going on below my sternum.  Went to the doctor today for something else but going to gi. Just fluttering is causing me esophagus issues. I've tried prevacid but can't take it, pepcid complete can't take that. I get salty saliva or backwash in my mouth when I'm up walking or standing because it's become difficult to walk or stand. It used to just be a feeling in there but now it's becoming a problem. If you're in shape in your abs, you'll probably be ok, im.not so it had free rein. I do breathing exercises, belly breathing to help calm it down at night.  It helps some but could be adding to the problem. Not sure if it's the sane thing you have but I'm not liking it!  Let me know if u find a remedy k

Sorry your having this symptom!

Ns

You know Allen, I just read your post again.  I don't have burning. That sounds like gerd.

Maybe

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections
  • Like 1

That is where I got bad akithasia while in acute.

I still get some mild physical symptoms there like a gnawing.  And my thinking gets altered.

It seems to go away after a bowel movement.

• Like 1

@[...] yes!    My thinking gets altered too when I get it.   I get very depressed .  I guess it's a mild form of akathisia . Not sure.  But thankfully it goes away after a time.